Drinks made with rum

Keldaris

Diabloii.Net Member
Drinks made with rum

I'm looking for some Ideas on drinks for my girlfriend. I'm a whiskey and beer kind of person, she drinks rum. now, other than the usual coke/pepsi I'm looking for a few Ideas on decent drinks to make with rum, preferably ones that cover most of the alcohol taste(she likes to start off easy).

skihard

Banned
Long Island uses Rum and would be MY first choice.

If spiced rum go with the Apple Cider/Morgan's mix just warm the cider slightly and add a little cinnamon.

Orgasm's can use Rum as the third with Kaluha and Amaretto (normally Irish Creame is used) just put a shot of each into a tumbler with some ice shake 10 or so times and strain into a rocks class.

that's all the suggestions I have off the top of me head, eh

innorton38

Diabloii.Net Member
Captain Morgan's and mountain dew tastes like cream soda. It's delicious. She'll never go back to rum and cokes.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
A long island iced tea isn't a bad idea, but it doesn't have much rum in there... of the alcohol portion, only 1/5 is rum (or 1/4 if you use the premade LIIT mix).

If you want to be colorful, you can make blue drinks.

Blue Lagoon
1 oz rum, float (1/2 ounce) blue curacao, and bar mix in a zombie glass.

Blue hawaiian
Same as above, use pineapple juice instead of bar mix

Just a couple off the top of my head.

Mix Pepsi with any of the white rums by Bacardi.

Better yet, teach her to drink godo rum. Bacardi Anejo on the rocks with a splash of coke. Alternatively, serve the anejo at about 90 degrees. It'll get her panties off in a hurry :thumbsup:

skihard

Banned
Eggnog, given the season?
yes given the season, but you so don't want her banging back a bunch of those in a night, the fat and calorie content is so high she'll balloon up in no time given enough for her to actually feel the alcohol. Best to save those as an occasional and not the main source to get the rum in.

teach her to drink godo rum.
not sure I've ever had this brand, is it new

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm looking for some Ideas on drinks for my girlfriend. I'm a whiskey and beer kind of person, she drinks rum. now, other than the usual coke/pepsi I'm looking for a few Ideas on decent drinks to make with rum, preferably ones that cover most of the alcohol taste(she likes to start off easy).
Add a splash of lime to a rum and coke and you have yourself a Cuba Libre. For a Red Rum: oj, rum and grenadine. Or how about a Painkiller? 2 oz Dark rum, 1 oz cream of coconut, 4 oz pinapple juice, and 1 oz oj. and my personal favorite, Monkey in a Tree - coconut rum, creme de bananas, grenadine, pineapple juice, and float a shot of midori on top. Or an easy punch drink is equal parts dark rum, oj, pineapple juice, and Hawaiian Punch and add a splash of coconut rum to really give it a tropical flavor.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
How has no one mentioned the CLASSIC rum drink: The Daiquiri.

Jigger of white rum.
3/4 Jigger of fresh lime juice
1 tsp. of fine sugar.

Shake over ice, strain into cocktail glass.

No crushed ice necessary.

Since I got the new computer at work and the boss is ballistic ape**** paranoid about spyware, I've had to conceal my online activities by using Opera. So no more Firefox spell checker keeping my arse out of the grasp of the typo monster.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Spiced rum with Dr Pepper is pretty excellent, and no one ever tries it.

Of course you have to like Dr Pepper.