Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreams

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by zodiac66, Mar 25, 2004.

1. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

Dreams

Dreams facinate me. I can fall asleep, have a long (at least I thought so) dream and it will only be an hour later. How long do dreams last?

Does anyone have a link to a good dream interpretation site? I had this bizzare dream about Eric Estrada last night and I would like to know what it means.

2. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

I think that they only last a few seconds and your brain just fiddles them out. There is no real perception of time. At least I think that is how they work. . .Anyee might know.

3. Geeno

Geeno IncGamers Member

I was recently thinking about a dream I had which I honestly had no clue that it didnt happen. In the "dream" I was having some sort of nervous breakdown and kept getting these visions of being crushed by piles of cash and then random black and white mushroom cloud videos. I can remember looking at the clock in the dream, moving all around the house, going to the bathroom for a while, the feeling of moving around in the clothes I was wearing.

But apparently I was asleep on the couch according to my father? I didnt believe him for a while.

4. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

heh..... did you have a thing for him at one time? Did you see him recently?

Dreams can be crazy as all get out. However, I believe they are necessary to overall mental health. It's like the subconscious cleaning house or something.

meh, I'll leave it to the experts to answer.

5. Backdoor Bandit

Backdoor Bandit IncGamers Member

Yup, dreams can be fascinating.

For example, I have one particular dream that I have had several times and it's always slightly different. Unfortunately I can't describe it but when I wake up I know that it was that dream...very strange I know.
    Dreams definately have some kind of cleaning effect for me. They help you interpret or personallly deal with things from your everyday life.

-Backdoor Bandit

6. P2blr

P2blr IncGamers Member

My Girlfriend told me last night to "dream of [her] stripping and ****ing me", but instead I dreamed about an ex from awhile ago, but I could have sworn it was real, and woke up sweating, cause in the dream she slept over and I had to sneak her out

7. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

Ah the wonders of testosterone.

8. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

ive had a few dreams where ive killed people.

9. Drosselmeier

Drosselmeier IncGamers Member

http://www.dreams.ca/

I have extremely vivid dreams with sound, colour, smell and touch. Lucky me :)
    I also remember quite a few of my dreams. Some of my earliest conscious memories are dreams actually.

One weird thing that sometimes happen to me is, I´ll have a dream, wake up and just remember some fleeting fragment which I soon forget. I go about my day as usual and suddenly, hours later, I get in some really weird mood. If I stop what I´m doing and just relax and empty my head I get these flashes, like some rerun of parts of my dream, or like I start dreaming while awake (it feels like memories though). Once the "dream" passes it´s gone, and I can´t catch any of it in memory. Anyone else ever experience that? It´s a really weird feeling, to say the least.

10. Sergeant

Sergeant IncGamers Member

I've heard that dreams happen in the moments just prior to waking up. I'd really be interested to learn more on the perception of time when you're sleeping, how dreams that seem to go by so fast last all night, if they even last all night and so on.

Ooo, I just found some info:

dream FAQ

Good info in there... Now it makes a little more sense about some of the dreams I have and dream recall.

11. Dj_Otaku

Dj_Otaku IncGamers Member

I rarely ever remember my dreams, if not at all. When I wake up, 9/10 I will not even remember if I even had a dream. *shrugs*

Dj_Otaku

12. Good-At-Trading

Good-At-Trading Banned

I love those dreams where you are like half awake and half asleep and you can control what your doing. I've had some of the best sex in those dreams and I can fly in em 2.

I also like those dreams where you like wake up at say 7:00 fall back asleep have this incredibly intricate dream that seemed to go for hours and its like only 7:10 when you wake up again.

I suggest that all of you go out and rent or buy or download Waking Life It's a crazy movie all aobut dreams and there are so many crazy ideas and beliefs presented in it.

13. zodiac66

zodiac66 IncGamers Member

No..I never really liked him. I haven't seen CHIPS in years or any of his infomercials. I woke up and said WTF??

14. th5418

th5418 Banned

I had a dream about zombies... I was a vampire... and people were hunting me. So were zombies. They ganged up on me. I think I died...

15. Akira

Akira Member

That made me think of this.

16. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

I have died violently in several dreams.

Like, one dream I was sitting in the passenger seat of a pickup truck in an empty parking lot at night time. There was some unknown dude in the driver's seat, and it was obvious that I was a prisoner (you know how sometimes things are just known in dreams even without being explicity told). I soon became aware of another dude standing outside the driver's side winder. As soon as I noticed him, he turned away and began to walk directly away from the driver's side window, with his back to me. The guy in the driver's seat then said "watch this..." in a sinister voice. The guy walking away then flicked something over his shoulder back towards the truck, and I felt something whish past my head. Then I felt a sharp pain and blood flowing, and realized he had thrown some kind of knife, and possibly just cut my ear off. But at almost the same time, I heard the window behind me crash, and felt a thud in my back that just took the wind out of me completely. This was soon followed by an intense pain, and I realized then that there had been someone else outside the passenger window the whole time that I hadn't been aware of, who had just planted a dagger in my back. It felt like about an additional second and a half went by of just feeling the pain and watching things black out, before I woke.

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

Did you really feel the pain? Your dreams are pretty vivid.

18. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i had a dream where there was a tornado outside my house

19. Technetium

Technetium IncGamers Member

Well, I can remember feeling it, at least. I have lots of dreams that involve pain. Like, I have a recurring dream where all of my teeth are loose, and they hurt the same way loose teeth hurt when you're young. Except in the dream these are my adult teeth, and they're loose and they hurt, and I constantly worry about them all falling out.

20. Xynrx

Xynrx IncGamers Member

The most recent dream I can recall was probably one of the most odd that I can remember:

I was teaching a kindergarten class on my front lawn (weird eh?). I dismissed my class then walked in my front door and glanced down the stairwell. Staring at me from the bottom of the stairs was my old highschool algebra teacher. The next thing I know, he bursts out laughing, uncontrollably. I look back out the door I walked in from and see far off in the distance, about 100 km or so, a giant mushroom cloud from a massive explosion reaching up into the sky. A sense of fear comes over me as I look down at my old teacher who is now halfway up the stairs. At this point, a fair sized explosion erupts from the street in front of my house sending a fireball toward my house. I duck down into the stairwell as flames pass by the top of the stairs. Next, another explosion and fireball blow past the bottom of the stairwell. I was trapped. My teacher now mumbles through his laughter "... invaders." I look up at the top of the stairs and there is a person dressed in a dark yellow bio-suit with a black facemask and holding some sort of firehose. The next thing I know, he shoots fire from the hose directly at me. That was when I awoke.

I was so terrified it took me a while to remember where I was, but also, my body was frozen. Almost like every time I tried to move I was overwhelmed by some convulsions, it felt as if I was being electricuted. Anyway, it went away quickly and I was back to normal within a couple of seconds, but it sure felt like a long time...