Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreaming Zealer for PvP and PvM

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by renounced05, Apr 10, 2005.

1. renounced05

renounced05 Banned

Dreaming Zealer for PvP and PvM

I dunno if there is already a build like this but here goes I want input on if this would work or not.

Weapon: Eth BOTD zerker or PB grief
    Shield: Dream Troll nest
    Helm: Dream
    Gloves: Dracs or Steelrends
    Belt: Verdungos
    Armor: CoH or Fort(grief isnt helped by fort correct?)
    Ammy: Highlords or Maras or Angelic
    Rings: 2xRaven or 2xAngelics
    Boots: Gores, Marrows, Sandstorm

Max: Zeal, Sanc, Fanat, Holy Shield, dump some into charge and defience

How does this sound/look?

Can you help me make a choice on some gear?

2. shade449

shade449 IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure that fort does enchance grief. It helps with smite so I see no reason why it shouldnt work for zeal+charge. I havent made a dreamadin so I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure that a standard build would be some thing like this:
    20 resist lightning
    enough into conviction to get to lvl 25 with +skills
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Charge

From here you can chose to either pump defiance for more def or vigor for more charge dmg. Charge + shift is used to dodge attacks while pulse dmg does its work. Then when they get to a low enough health you can directly charge them.
    I wouldnt recomend using zeal since charge allows for greater mobility and dmg. Also your gear setup is alot more flexible with charge. This is because if you try to zeal without fana, your going to need alot of ias to reach 4 frames.
    And for your shield, I would try to make the dream in an elite pally shield with inherent resists preferably 35+. It will require alot less dex to reach max block and will help alot with your resists. For your ammy I would use the angelic set
    if you have ar problems. Otherwise use mara's + raven + bk ring. For the boots I would probably use 15/15 sandstorm treks. Hoped this helped.

3. renounced05

renounced05 Banned

Well I was thinking more of a zealer less of a dreamer(sounds funny)

I want it for straight up toe to toe dueling. So a dreamer wont work for that?

4. shade449

Well if you're going to go zeal vs zeal I would still recommend using conviction. Conviction forces the other oppenent to stack resists. If you're dueling other pure melee vs melee duelers they might not have stacked resist stuff prepared. Even if they do, it forces them to use things like 4 ptopaz monarch which weakens their overall efficiency. However in order to maintain a 4 frame zeal w/o fana your going to have to use a -30 base speed weapon with 75% ias. The best option would probably be a phase blade socketed with 3 shaels, a 15ias/80+ar jewel, and 2 5/5 light facets. This means you're going to have to depend totally on your lightning dmg. For skills I would go something like this:
    20 Resist Lightning
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Defiance
    Enough in conviction to get to 25 w/ +skills
    1-4 Zeal depending on your +skills
    Rest in Salvation

Keep in mind that I have never actually built one of these myself. However this seems to me to be the most efficient setup on paper.

5. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

a true zealer will probably tear you down in a matter of seconds... since a t-god would pretty much stop your dream damage flat out. not to mention you wont have a fraction of the defense of a good zealot... and no DR. you're basically saying "can i build a zealot, and wear dual dreams?"... and the answer is no... you can build a dream zealot but its a tad different then what you got there.

20 resist lightning
    20 conviciton
    20 zeal
    20 holy shield
    rest into sacrifice and pre reqs... blah blah.

even then you're looking at serious trouble if you try to toe to toe with a 60k def zealot. mainly 4fps zeal isnt happening without HL's 20ias gloves... period. and the only weapons going to make the last bp are grief phase, and a beast zerker... or a botd PHASE, or a wind PHASE.

6. renounced05

renounced05 Banned

Ok fine lol since everyone hate me and my idea(just kidding)
    How about regualr zealer for PvP and use the dreams for PvM

I only made the dreams so I could get rid of two Jahs and I feel wierd just keeping them on a mule till ladder ends.

So would this build kick it all purty like for PvM?

7. JanusJones

JanusJones IncGamers Member

Ummm . . .

A 60k defense zealot?

Pardon my ignorance, but even with the most ridiculously expensive and unattainable gear, isn't that a bit inflated?

Is this possible?

8. Witch-King

Witch-King IncGamers Member

Not at all, if they have a bunch of upgraded stuff and perf exile on. I think it is a little high though for a zealot.

9. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Glitched Ethereal "Stone" Armor would probably get you up there with perf eth exile, if they weren't both horribly rare and/or duped

10. shade449

Actually you dont even need the eth stone to be glitched. The runes are cheap enough so that when it breaks you can just make another one.

11. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

60k is a little steep... but 50k isnt uncommon. eth stone, 1.2k exile, 205+ gores, high rends, coa, +fort prebuff you could expect very close to 60k.