Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreamer

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Ludacris, Oct 19, 2006.

1. Ludacris

Ludacris Banned

Dreamer

`Hey

I recently made a dreamer and got his gear all lined up:

Dream Bone Visage
    Dream Sacred Rondache
    Coh Dusk
    Gore riders
    Draculs
    2x raven
    Highlords
    Cta/spirit

I'm not sure wich weapen i should use. I'm using zeal as main attack and conviction as aura. I'm struggling to choose between grief/stormlash.
    if there are any other better ones please tell me. Need the advice:)

thx:)

2. Botadio

Botadio IncGamers Member

i use these maybe not best but works for me

Last Wish phase blade
    Beast zerker
    Grief phase blade
    Crescent Moon phase blade

I like Beast best for the boost to AR it gives

3. hardnfast

hardnfast IncGamers Member

I would swap the dracs for gloves with 20%ias and use a greif PB with at least 32% ias. with that gear you will have 72% ias and hit a 4fpa zeal.

4. jakotaco

jakotaco IncGamers Member

How is your Dreamer built? Do you intend to use it PvM or PvP?

My Dreamer uses the "cheap" setup CM Phase+Treachery+LoH to reach 4fpa while having ITD and -enemy lightres. Works great PvM but does not work well PvP due to my lacking AR. (please notice my Dreamer has been neglecting phys dmg in skill distribution)

If you have put some points to increase phys dmg and ar I think the Grief setup hardnfast suggested will be very nice as it adds a good amount of physical dmg making you less dependant on your Lightning damage as sole damage dealer. Also seeing your own suggestions gives me the idea you're on another budget level than me :smiley:

5. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

If he got a +3 Holy Shock rare scepter with some good mods would that add to the level of Holy Shock?
    Crescent Moon is a good weapon for its -25% enemy lightning resistance, ITD, and faster attack. Hoopefully I can make one of those sometime soon.

6. Ludacris

Ludacris Banned

I currently already hit the 4fpa breakpoint with a "faith" rogue. I'm using stormlash now and withit i can kill anything solo in 8player games. I'll try to get a good grief these days, only got about 3 ists now.

@kohlman a+3 holy shock scepter wont add to my HS.

I am now trying two things:
    Socketing stormlash with -5/5 light facet and keeping the faith
    getting good grief and ias gloves with merc crescent moon cryptic axe.
    I will let you know wich is best.

7. mckfroig

mckfroig IncGamers Member

If you have the faith merc, I would definately suggest grief and dracs. I have a dreamer that uses those when I used to play with my friend's zealot. The life tap is godly for keeping you alive and the grief physical damage (assuming you maxed zeal and sacrifice) is definately noticeable.

Good luck!

8. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

Does Holy Shock from the dream helm/shield act as a synergy for Fist of Heavens? I am thinking of adding a variant that utilizes Fist of Heavens for some PvP. Would that work or would it be a waste of skill points?

Thanks, I have been saving up to make a Holy Thunder runeword in a scepter with +3 Hoyl shock for +6 Holy shock total but I now know that it wont work like that.

Now I'm thinking of making a Crescent Moon Phase Blade if I can find one or a 6-socket Phase Blade and slapping some Shaels and an Eth or two into it if I can fine a phase blade suitable.

9. Veilside

Veilside IncGamers Member

It'd be a waste of points.

10. Ludacris

Ludacris Banned

Come to think of it, you could make that. Use dual dream for lvl 30 HS as auto aura. You could max HS too and its synergies and use that as your aura. you will have to sacrifice conviction, but you can have a merc with infinity. (lvl 12 convic + -45/55 light res gives -85 from aura + a possible 55 is 140, 10 les than lvl 25 convic. Prehaps the double HS will both add to your physical damage and will give two pulses to your enemy at the same time.

Wouldn't make Holy Thunder for the +3 but go for crescent moon prehaps and make up the -enemy light resistance or go for more physical damage with grief. Or Stormlash with static field (my preference). I might try this out myself in the future to see the effects.

If I'm wrong somebody correct me please:)

11. Veilside

Veilside IncGamers Member

The only possible alternative i would ever use on my dreamadin would be a +3 zeal +3 conviction +x mod rare caddy with very nice mods (3xx+ ed, 2 sockets etc)

12. niner

niner IncGamers Member

13. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Only the higher level of Holy Shock will be used. You wont have 2 of them running at the same time, one will be wasted. Sorry to burst your bubble!

Also, the -45-55% lightning resist only works for the person holding the Infinity. The merc will get the -45-55% on top of Conviction, everyone else wont.

And yes, +3 Holy Shock on a scepter will not add to Dream's auras.

14. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

I will just keep to the Stormlash as a theme. Its lightning my friend ! Since you are running Conviction, the Lash becomes very effective in crowd control, letting you even static Lit immunes.

That is tremendously effective in my book.

And oh get dracs, if you already have 4 frame zeal, that will make triggering LT very easy.

15. Ludacris

Ludacris Banned

I Currently use Stormlash and dracs, This works fine for me. Beates everyone in the game and faith gets me 4pfa so. Though I have a downside with Ubers. Dream attracts everyone and before i know it I'm fighting all three ubers and lots of demons. Removing the dreams lowers my damage tremdous. does anyone has any tips what i can do?

16. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Well, at the start of the 1.11 patch i used my palabear to do ubers. It took me a long time because i didn't have much crushing blow (used grief pb, forti dual dreams), but the bear gives you much more life and pretty damn good defense also. Some guy was asking me some questions about my build lately and i thought of a pretty nice weapon that solves the cb problems right away.

Something like this:
    Use beast to become bear, then switch to a 3shael, 3ber phaseblade for a 4 frame attack weapon with 60% crushing blow. The only problem might be is that lifetap is less effective with this weapon on, you also want to use angelics i think since you haven't skilled on a bear and didn't max blessed aim for a passive ar bonus. Since your main aura is conviction you don't need much stacked res and i suggest wearing a fortitude (also +5%lr) to solve the lifetap problem a bit. With 60%cb from weapon and 15% gore riders you can use kirá's guardian as a helm to get good res anyways.

If you don't want to do that or that isn't working just ask a friend of yours that has a nice barb to do ubers with you and tell him to use Howl a lot.

The dreams ctc confuse should trigger also pretty damn much letting all the minions fight each other.

17. kohlman

kohlman IncGamers Member

off topic with current direction of thread but on topic with a dreamer, but does +pally skills add to the level of holy shock from the dreams?

ex. lvl 30 holy shock (15 dream helm + 15 dream shield) + 2 paladin skills (the redeemer mighty scepter) = lvl 32 holy shock?

I was just wondering because it seems like it would be nice to know when looking for mid-high game equipment.

18. mckfroig

mckfroig IncGamers Member

The nice thing about the dreams though is they have the chance to cast confuse. This is something I really like about my dreamer on uber runs. I run with grief so I use smite to hit the ubers and with the life tap from dracs keeps me alive. The mages and what not that attack me get confused and it really takes alot of fire off me. In this area, no matter how you try, you'll get swarmed pretty bad. I guess with stormlash you may not leech enough to survive with smite, but the confuse might help with that.

I guess that wasn't really a tip, but I just wanted to share my experiences!
    Good luck.

19. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

will not work.

20. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Unequip both Dreams, and use something else!

Dream's lightning damage (or any elemental damage for that matter) will not add to Smite, which is what you should be using vs ubers. Zeal may seem like it does more damage, but it will hit the monsters around you (i.e. not the uber), and will most likely miss due to the ubers' extremely high level, defense and 50% block. Smite is unblockable and always hits, and carries with it any Crushing Blow and Open Wounds from your gear, both needed for a successful uber run.

When people say they use a Zealot for uber trist, they mean a Zealot/1ptSmiter. Technically your pally is a Dream-using Zealot/1ptSmiter too.