Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

dreamer question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by jantsa87, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jantsa87

jantsa87 IncGamers Member

dreamer question

hey all. was wondering why all the dreamer guides say not to max salvation. personally i don't see y not to max it, as it would boost holy shock/vengeance dmg and be very useful for dueling sorcs. would like to decide wut to do before i finish maxing resist lightning so i no wut to do next.

heres my skill plan so far:

20 resist lightning

20 holy shield

20 conviction

20 salvation?

4 zeal (for pvm)

1 vengeance (also pvm)

rest to charge (or some to defiance?)

2. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

the main reason not to max salvation is that the damage simply isnt worth the investment of 20 skill points, since its quite a bit weaker then the lightning resistance bonus. maybe if you were making a pure pulsedin (2x dream, hoj, dragon) you'd max salvation... but it isnt worth it on a dreamdin. also you might not want to max conviction depending on your gear... the idea is to get it to level 25. other skills to consider are: zeal, sacrifice, charge, blessed aim, defiance. if you plan to be anti-caster your best bet is probably charge. if your using grief/fort and plan on fighting melees and supplementing physical i suggest a even distribution between zeal/sacrifice/defiance. here are a few rough examples... wait for some of the other more expierenced posters before taking my suggestions.

dreamdin versus caster (with pvm):
    20 charge
    20 resist lightning
    X conviction as long as it results in level 25 (usually 20)
    20 holy shield
    remainder into blessed aim, defiance, or charge synergy.
    pre reqs

dreamdin versus caster (pure anti-caster):
    20 resist lightning
    X conviction (in this case much lower, since the best charms would be offensive GCs, so roughly 10 - 15)
    20 charge
    20 might
    20 vigor
    1 salation
    pre reqs

dreamdin versus melee pvp
    20 resist lightning
    20 conviction (since you will have little to no +skills gear)
    20 zeal
    20 holy shield
    10 defiance
    pre reqs

3. jantsa87

maybe i need a gear section here...im not exactly sure wut to use for wut yet, but heres wut i got.

greif pb

cresent moon pb

dream vortex, like 49 resist all,

dream bone visage, makin now

archon coh

dusk fort

uped shaft with light facet

seraphs hymn

verdungos

gore riders

ne gloves that would be good, not rends cuz they cost too much

sum rings

cta for the switch, along with a spirit

i was thinkin of only goin for a lvl 4 zeal as just a speedy way to deliver light dmg to monsters and other melee duelers, and vengeance for bosses prolly.

charge would be for casters, not sure if i really need all the melee dmg synergies if i get both shock synergies. i fought a dreamer the other day who pulsed my ww sin in 2 hits, and he had no holy fire, so i think with both synergies i would be able to pulse kill. im no expert though, so im open to advice.

4. illa

illa IncGamers Member

The main problem imo with the build is lack of AR. Thats why you should max zeal imo.

I've been playing around with gear and the optimal setup for me is:

Beast BA
    CoH Dusk
    Dream Bone Visage
    Dream Sacred Targe for less dex req.
    Angelics amu + ring
    Raven 250/20
    IK Gloves
    Marrowwalk
    Verdungos

CTA + spirit on switch

5. Doll Call

lack or ar? heh, i havent found that problem at all... since your resistance stacks stupid high with 2 good dream rolls on a stock good shield with coh... you can wear angelic combo, fanatic wep, and a hsaurus combo... which gives you some stupid good ar.

6. jantsa87

i dont see y u would need ar, since conviction lowers defense too. also, if im fighting melee, i will be using grief, so ar shouldnt be a problem.

7. Doll Call

correct me if i'm wrong but i though conviction lowers a percentage of thier base def (after bonuses), so it doenst really do much to a exile pally or barb with good shout/ironskin.

8. Wurmer

Wurmer IncGamers Member

You are right about how conviction works on defense in pvp. The main point of getting high conviction (slvl 25) is when combined with a fully synregized dual dreams pally the damage raise ridiculously high. Obviously you still need to hit your oponent but even the pulses can be annoying for someone lacking good resistances.

As for having salvation maximized, I always do. I put less point in holy shield or some times not at all. It's true that most of that pally I have built using elemental damage are not used in pvp. Further more, the few last couple I have made were weilding dual elements so salvation was a logical choice for me. My conviction was supply by my mercenairy.