Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreamer/Fireball Caster?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by vietl0yalty, Apr 1, 2005.

1. vietl0yalty

vietl0yalty IncGamers Member

Dreamer/Fireball Caster?

Well I was just tryin to be out of the ordinary and was wondering if this was viable ?

dream helm/dream shield
    ormus 15%fire/15%lit +3fireball
    trangs gloves/belt for the +18 fireball
    1x lvl 5 firebolt hopefully with stats and resists
    1x soj
    maras
    hoto so i can reach 75% fcr breakpoint

max lit resist
    enough points into conviction for lvl 25
    and i guess rest should go into fire/cold resist for casters

although this guy doesnt have any damage reduced...my holy shock+conviction would hurt if any melee tried to chase me down... i was thinking of getting 40x 3% faster run/walk charms just in case? or if that isnt worth it...get 10x offensive charms and save more points in conviction and put it elsewhere? with this setup i should get at LEAST 1k fireball and with constant conviction around...fire and lit dmg together wud be hard to nullify

or i can replace the ormus robe with an enigma (though my dmg with fireball will greatly reduce) ...and use teleport to get around but that would be annoying and BM? perhaps this build would already be considered bm?

2. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Wouldn't be too bad of an idea. Although I find that the caster-type style of a Fireballer automatically gears it towards either FoH or Hammers as a secondary attack; although I suppose this should definitely be considered.

I think maybe Fireball/Charge might be more effective though, I'll test out some skill layouts and let you know when I figure something out.

I hope this is viable :D

3. vietl0yalty

damn i forgot to mention... its a big mistake to use hoto on my part because i wouldnt hit past the 1k fireball mark unless i use moonfall (meteor synergizes it) so the idea of using a hoto and hitting the 75fcr breakpoint is a no no... now i am left with 1k+ fireball and 50fcr...

i have also discussed with a buddy of mine about using hammers/foh and fireball but the skill points add up to too much... it is possible to hav hammers/fireball or foh/fireball but not all... also with hammers/fireball i believe we had some points leftover that we could of distributed some to charge to make it a bit more effective... lemme know how the testing goes

4. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

I've played with a Fireball/Templar quite a bit and generally find that when it comes to PvP the damage is just too low on the Fireball end. Even if you just try to make a pure Fireballer it just seems to come out too weak. That's why I went back to mages ;).

5. vietl0yalty

well 1-1.2k fireball doesnt suffer the 1/6 penalty every other attack does... and with constant conviction and level 30 holy shock stacked with max lit resists... im thinking that is more than enough to chip away good amount of their life everytime they are in radius... the only problem i am encountering right now is 50fcr with fireball and the speed to move around

6. [exile]

[exile] IncGamers Member

Are you sure that the FB doesn't suffer the 1/6th penalty? I'm curious as to why not.

7. Weltkriegpally

Weltkriegpally IncGamers Member

iirc, I read in the sorc forum and other places that elemental damages (fire/lightning/cold) suffer a 1/4 pvp penalty. I am not sure as to why this is true, but some of my damage experience would suggest that it might be so.

--welt

8. Rane-

Rane- IncGamers Member

The 1/4 thing was in 1.09, it has been recorded on the amazon basin, (who's word I'd take over any other site,) that in 1.10 every form of damage is 1/6th for PvP. So unless there's some weird bug unbeknowns to me in which o-skills don't get the PvP penalty, I think the Fireball still does 1/6th of the damage.