Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreamer build

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by dcrunk, May 5, 2008.

1. dcrunk

dcrunk IncGamers Member

Dreamer build

Hello I've finished up with my smiter and hammerdin builds and wanted to do a more expensive type paladin... a dreamer. I read the pvp/pvm dreamer guide and wondering the resist lightning synergizes with dreams? Also would death runeword be good main weapon? Any input on this build or gear setups would be helpful.

Thanks.

2. 2TheMongoose

2TheMongoose IncGamers Member

Re: Dreamer build

Yes, lightning resist AND salvation synergizes with your runeword based level 30 Dream. DO NOT put a single point into Holy Shock though, as that would force the aura to pulse between a 1 and a level 30 aura I believe. I would suggest rift if you could obtain one, as they are good for LI monsters and AoE clearance for PvM, still want to try it out PvP

3. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

If u put 1 point in shock it wont do anything, ecept u wasted 1 skill point, and rift sux, better go for cresent moon for extra lower light res for them

4. BobCox2

BobCox2 IncGamers Member

Point the individual resists rather than salvation beyond 1 point.
    LR if dual dreamer, Fire as well if add a dragon or HOJ Runeword

5. Arnatkoak

Arnatkoak IncGamers Member

I've also been considering a dreamer. Now here is my questions. If you use 2x dreams and holy fire as your back up, would it be ok to use a holy freeze merc so you generally would get pulse damage from all three at once? If thats an option would you gear your pally and mecr differently and wuld going that route change anyother skill points as far as placements?

6. Jednowlosy

Jednowlosy IncGamers Member

holy freeze pulse damage from merc is very low (no synergies), don't expect it will actually kill anything in hell games. It's for slowing purposes only.

7. Arnatkoak

bugger, forgot that it would be more for slow then for kill. So what would be the better option? The fire route with dragon or the cold route with something like Engima/CoH?

8. Jednowlosy

you can go light(double dream)+physical, fastest killer imho and very fun to play,but really helpless against all those oblivion knights.

Auradin (dragon/HoJ/2xdream) is cool too.

The cold route isn't very popular.

9. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

i have light(duel dream) + physical damage zealer. He uses an ebotdz. So he does a fair amount of phys damage along with the dream lite damage added to attack. There really isnt anything I cant kill. My lvl 25 conviction aura breaks most lite immunes and if it doesnt I have enough physical to kill. I think ive ran into one monster that was lite and phys immune and i couldnt break the immunity. So I used vengence.

The pulse damage isnt anything to write home about. It does a good job of killing flayers and fallens(not that one needs help killing these, its just less stuff needed to zeal). The most underrated mod on Dream is the CtC confuse, very helpful against fast attacking groups of ranged attackers (gloams, archers, hell temptresses).

The biggest problem is of course Oblivion Knights. With ebotdz i do enough physical damage to kill myself in the first or second hit of zeal if im IM'ed. My current plan when facing OK's is to run, lol. That is unless they are in the throne room, in which i use vengence and click very slowly, lol. I have thought about using a 6os phase blade for lower physical damage that is loaded with the appropriate gems, jewels, or HRs. But i havent done it yet.

My Setup:
    Helm: Dream Bone Visage
    Armor: Fort
    Shield: Dream in some exceptional pally shield w/ 45 inherent resist.
    Weap: ebotdz
    Gloves: Dracs
    Boots: War Travs(Gore i suppose would be better)
    Ring1: Raven 20 dex
    Ring2: Nature's(i run Nilth alot)
    Ammy: Highlords

10. Jednowlosy

Just a tip, try grief or death, they deal much higher damage than eBotdZ.

My build is even more unorthodox:

Helm: Dream Grand Crown (I dislike bone visage/demonhead's appearance)
    Armor: Fort archon
    Shield: Dream [email protected] sacred targe
    Weapon: Death eWar Spike :rolleyes: The only weapon capable of making DEATH runeword in that can also reach 4 fpa. ezerker is too slow.
    Gloves: Laying of hands
    Boots: GOres
    Ring1: raven
    Ring2: BK
    Ammy: Highlords
    Belt: Dungo

20 fana, 20 shield, 20 light resis aura, 20 sacrifice. The rest of the points can go anywhere. My merc (offensive) carries infinity.

That way I maintain 4 fps with huge physical damage and light dam. Try it sometime, it kills faster than the average dreamer.

If you're really desperate, you can try maxing holy bolt and blessed hammer :azn: well, it's stupid, but it OHKOs a non-uber izual level oblivion knight, it's cheap and easy to spam. Too bad it's so hard to hit an OK hidden behind doom knights. Fist of heavens can work too but it needs that damn synergy, costs too much mana and isn't easy to aim either. Yeah, point'n'click, but in a big crowd, targeting a monster is rather impossible.

And remember, use shaftstop+gaze on merc for 50% damage res, and make him infinity in an ordinary voulge. YOu do all the killing, his role is not dying - with an ordinary voulge, he won't kill himself instantly when IMed, even on your fana aura & his might aura.

11. mechkage

mechkage IncGamers Member

Yeah, the only reason the char is using an ebotdz and war travs is because the char is a converted avenger(20 vengence, 20 conviction,...) and vengence doesnt work with grief. I wanted to test the duel dream on him before taking to time to make a new character. And even with a one point zeal and no fanat he is a fast killer. Although, I probably only think its fast cause I havent had a char do 4fps, lol. I'm currently building a paladin that is similar to your skill setup.

12. Arnatkoak

So what would be the better pick here?

Fort armor and something like Grief or Cresent Moon(I think thats the right one) or Dragon armor and a Hand of Justice in a Phase Balde?

13. Jednowlosy

I've tested both, auradin is slower, I'd say grief+fort :)