Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreamdin Merc Question

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by gibsonSG, Sep 19, 2006.

1. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

Dreamdin Merc Question

I've got an A1 Cold Arrow Rogue for my mercenary that will eventually be using a 15%ED FAITH Great Bow and an ethereal FORTITUDE Archon Plate. I was wondering what would best fill her helmet slot to help her compliment my Dreamdin. Here's what has been suggested to me or what I have thought of and my thoughts...

DREAM Bone Visage (Ethereal)
    - Has very interesting, quirky mods that would help a merc: life bonus (does +vit help a merc? how many life do they get per vit if it does work?), FHR, MF, resist all, CTC confuse (I think)

DELIRIUM Bone Visage (Ethereal)
    - Again, has more interesting mods but of a different assortment: TONS of interesting CTC spells, +vit (again, how does this work on a merc?), MF, GF

VAMPIRE GAZE Grim Helm (Ethereal)
    - Great melee mods: DR, LL, cold damage

ANDARIEL'S VISAGE Demonhead (Can't spawn ethereal right? - indestructable)
    - SICK melee mods: IAS, LL, +str (for damage?), CTC poison nova (meh...), odd resist configuration

GIANT SKULL Bone Visage (Ethereal)
    - Also great melee mods: CB, Knockback, +str, SOCKETS!!!! (what would be best in those for a merc? IAS/ED jewels?)

...it seems so hard to choose which would be decent for a rogue that's complementing a dreamdin. I suppose the dreamdin would do fine without the merc period (so I've heard...most have her just for the fanatacism), but I still gotta find her a pretty hat as long as she's gonna be killing stuff with me.

2. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

Normally on i merc i always think life leech is a must have mod. Therefore my choice would have been the gaze. Even though your merc doing mostly cold dmg i think the fana aura will give her enough Phys dmg to leech of. The PDR on gaze is also really helpful. Thats my thoughts anyway

:thumbsup:

3. gibsonSG

gibsonSG IncGamers Member

...thanks for the insight. I think Andariel's Visage comes in a close second though in terms of melee mods. It's got the LL, no DR, but it's also got IAS. More IAS = more hits = more damage. Also, what is the formula for calculating damage for her arrows with the bonuses from Level 14 Fanatacism (271%) and the 300% ED bonus from Fortitude? I think I calculated it the wrong way because I got about 2k damage. You add the ED bonuses together right? So it would be (off the top of my head, max damage for my bow is like ~250):

250 * (2.71 + 3.00) = 1428

....and NOT:

(250 * 3.00) * 2.71 = 2033

....right? Either way - they're decent numbers.

4. GoFoh

GoFoh Banned

I dont think + vit works on mercs, only +life.. Eth andy is great, maybe u should socket is with an 15ias/30p resist jewel.

5. zalt

zalt IncGamers Member

You are doing the calculations in the right order but with the wrong numbers :wink3: And also you need to take into account your mercs dexterity:

Every point in dex= 1% extra ED on the weapons base dmg so:

Merc=around 200 dex + 330 ED + 15 ED cause its sup = 545 total ED on weapon. So the bow does in fact 335 max dmg.

Now add the ED from fana ( 271% ) and forti ( 300% ) to the bows max dmg:

271+300=571

6,71*335=2248 total physical dmg for the merc ( yes you take 6,71 and not 5,71 )

Anyway, good luck :wave: