Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dreamcast

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Rice_Farmer3, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

Dreamcast

I've found my old dreamcast and i want to play it. Its been forever since i last played, but i remember it rocked. but i've actually forgotten how to connect it with the TV and stuff. Can anyone in here help? Weird question... :D

2. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

If you still have the cables that came with it, I would guess there's an AV connection and a power supply connection. AV can be hooked up to the back or front of the TV on newer TVs, or instead to to the VCR. Just connect the color-coded wires to their corresponding plugs. As for the power supply, well...that's rather self-explanatory yes? Find the nearest wall outlet.

3. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

or.. go with an emulator

4. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

hmmm, there are two sets of plugs at the back of the VCR. is it cable in or cable out?

5. Damotta

Damotta IncGamers Member

Uh, well AV is neither. But if you only have an RF adapter (the kind that plugs into the TV cable connector) to connect the DC to your VCR, you'd plug it into the cable in. Then the cable out would go to the TV.

Personally though, if I were using an RF adapter, I'd just find where the cable connects directly to the TV, and plug that cable into the cable in plug on the DC's adapter, then take the DC's cable out cable and connect that to the TV.

man...that's a lotta cable this and cable that. lol Hope you're not too confused now. It really is pretty simple. Just play around w/it for a while, and you'll get it.

6. Johnny

Johnny Banned

There is 2 cables total. How hard can it be.

You connect This cable from the dreamcast to the TV/VCR/DVD whichever you preffer then you connect This cable to the electric outlet.