Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dream Sorc with Widowmaker damage ?'s

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Sechler, Sep 1, 2006.

1. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Dream Sorc with Widowmaker damage ?'s

A while back, I ran a test w/ an old dream enchantress by throwin a widow on her, and her dmg seemed only slightly diff w/ dream helm on versus off. I was hitting a friend that had 20 light res. Yet the dmg window would go up by 8k. Can anyone explain this? I'm rekindling my ideas of makin a bow pvp sorc, but I keep remembering that the dmg was crap:undecided: .

2. DIEnamic

DIEnamic IncGamers Member

it is a little odd. a couple weeks ago I was dueling with my dual dream enchantress and vs certain builds where there's no chance to get in close enough to melee I equip widow.

the damage screen says like 26k max damage but the damage its dishing out to people hardly looks like 26k. the other enchantress in the game (not dream) was hitting people at pretty much the same damage but then again his chant was like level 45 or so whereas mine was 29.

maybe dream doesnt apply to guided arrow? it doenst make sense because nailing someone with a passion phase is pretty much one hit kill at 50k+, yet at half the damage it barely manages to scratch them.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

the holy shock lightning damage is just a modifier on physical attacks and should have no problem applying to guided arrow

4. ToThePoint

ToThePoint IncGamers Member

melee gets firemastery applied twice
    ranged only once but afaik the damage for double application is shown.

ofc thats not to do with dream... was maybe just some low hits?

5. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

I tested this for 30 min with different combinations, checking dmg with different resists. On avg the guy i was hittin with ga had 20 light res, but he took his light resists ring off and the dmg didn't go up, also he added resists and didn't go down. I'm thoroughly confused on this. Is there some weird ranged elemental attack penalty for light? The funny thing is that the enchant does fine and the dmg if any comes from it... as i tested w/ and w/o enchant on.

6. mclarke

mclarke IncGamers Member

Ive seen bowazons using dream many times and im fairly sure it works with GA. note this isnt adding much damage anyway, only 1 piece of dream adds around 500 max 1 minimum. 2 pieces = LOTS more :p

7. HCKull

HCKull IncGamers Member

You need to use the sorc lightning mastery skill to get decent damage.

8. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Unfortunately alot of bowzons feel this is a decent dmg booster for ga, but if they did the calcs, it only adds 1-20 light dmg to their arrows in pvp:shocked: LOTs of better options out there. Now this dmg is so minor that it's hard to even tell during testing that it's affecting the numbers.

HC, as this was an old dream enchantress sorc, she of course had lightning mastery maxed and fire mastery, enchant, warmth maxed. It may have actually been around lvl 23-24 LM cuz she still had some skill bonus equip on her (even as a mule).

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Actually, amazons (should) use dream helm in conjunction with multishot in PvM, as it adds 1-648 damage to each of the arrows, and it adds up to a lot of damage overall on groups of monsters.

10. psych

psych IncGamers Member

I believe the same happens here, displayed is the dmg like this:

added holy shock dmg * lmastery bonus * lmastery bonus

this would be the dmg with a melee attack, but not with a ranged attack (the second application does not happen here)

Doesn't elemental damage also suffer a 25% penalty when used with multishot?

11. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

Well the dream dmg must suffer some penalty with guided arrow as I testing this out last night with my lightning sorc. I had max lightning mastery and on screen dmg of 26k but I only did about 200 dmg per hit.

12. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

And how many variables are there total? It could be a decently low roll or the opponent had decent LR (more than 75%).

13. GalenDoUrden

We tested it over many shots and the person did have 75% light resist.

14. Sechler

Sechler IncGamers Member

Galen, did you have chant running as well when you were getting the 200 dmg, or just a dream helm w/ LM? I ran my test with a mule and had really low light dmg, but I didn't do any dmg, except for the phys. from the bow i think.

15. GalenDoUrden

No, I only had lightning dmg from the dream and lightning mastery. I was testing it on an existing lightning sorc (had to where 2 20dex ravens and 23 2 dex small charms to use the widow).

I was beginning to wonder if it was only doing physical damage also.

16. primerib

primerib IncGamers Member

Without a high lvl enchant, it would around 500-5000 dmg, which is about 110 average pvp dmg to enemies with 75 res.