Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dream sorc holding an infinity

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by GalenDoUrden, Sep 5, 2006.

1. GalenDoUrden

GalenDoUrden IncGamers Member

Dream sorc holding an infinity

Now I've seen alot about dual dream sorc's, however, I'm considering building a single dream sorc that carries her own infinity. This sorc can easily reach 7 fpa using a scythe and 15%ias from a jewel. She could also easily reach 63fcr.

The main probelm that she will run into will be a/r. I've considered also putting points into enchant for the a/r boost, however, I'm not sure if it will be effective. What does everyone think of this build? How could I improve it?

2. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

Pls explain how she will hit 7 fpa.
    I think she will hit 13fpa as a sorc and 15fpa as a bear with only 15% ias.

3. GalenDoUrden

My bad, you are correct, it was the merc's IAS tables I was looking at in a sorceress thread. Oops. Any other thoughts on this girl?

4. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

Man. The level 12 Conviction from Infinity gives not only -85 enemy resists, but also -83% enemy defense. Which is the equivalent of multiplying your own AR by a factor of 5.89 [1/(1-0.83)]. In other words, with Infinity you'll have the equivalent of almost six times your normal AR. I'm not sure how much AR you'll need in order to have a decent chance to hit in hell, but surely the Infinity will bring you close?

5. GalenDoUrden

Yeah that was my thinking on it. Myself and a couple friends tested it out last night with my normal light sorc (no enchant) and I could hit most things other than a palidin with holy shield on with my ar of 253.

6. Gimmershred

Gimmershred IncGamers Member

I can see no way in wich a meleesorc can be effective with an infi in her hand. That's more something for a nova or lightsorc.

If you need ar on your meleesorc there are several options.

2x ravenfrost, metalgrid
    2x angelics rings + amu or 1x angelic ring +raven if you don't have cbf
    Hsarus belt+boots

Prebuff enchant (the higher the lvl the more ar%)

Get a weapon/passion with good ar% bonus
    Get a weapon with eth runes, (they work 12.5% instead of 25% in pvp)

I myself reach 12k ar with metalgrid , 2xsoj, hsarus boots+belt
    Sometimes i switch to 2x angelics then i reach 20k ar
    That's all without prebuffing my enchant. 20k ar is enough to hit every char in the game.

By the way i am not sure how the -def% from conviction works in pvp.

7. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Not well, we can leave it at that. For instance, a Barb's Shout can do, what, 500% Enhanced Def? The -83% Def from the Conviction would reduce that to...417%...which would turn out to reduce his defense by...not much. Not to mention that by holding the Infinity, you can only have one dream (the damage just won't be high enough)...which would reduce damage. Interesting idea, but I think this is one that just can't quite work.

8. GalenDoUrden

Well on my normal light sorc it gave me 23k dmg, and was actually quite good when I could hit someone, as I have -85% all resists and -55 lightning resist on the infinity. As for the -def on infinity, I was already aware of the weakness against pallies and barbs, I'm just trying to think of a way around it at the moment.

I'm not going to give up on the idea quite yet, I just need to do some testing on her.