Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dream? Or Delirium?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by zooply, Aug 28, 2006.

1. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

Dream? Or Delirium?

I found a nice eth 3os grand crown while baalin'(ya me:grin: ), and now wonder which runeword i should make of it. Dream, or delirium. I'm going to use the helm with my new poison/summon hybrid. I'm not sure if the type of necro build matters much in deciding which to use, so i thought i'd ask you guys first:listen: Btw this is going on my merc not me lol

2. garion

garion IncGamers Member

for your summoner?...maybe going with a shako would be better?...

3. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

already got one actually:tongue: this is for my merc

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Delirium is generally not a good idea for Necromancers.

Necromancers don't need items to cast curses for them, they'll do that just fine themselves. Actually, most necromancers like to be in control of their cursing. Sometimes to the point where they might request other party members to remove gear with CtC curse stuff.

That said, if you stay out of melée the "when striking" mods will not have a chance to trigger and the "when struck" mods would be a reasonably rare occurrance, unless you like to be in the thick of things.

5. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

lol it's kinda funny you mention that. i was just in a game that got kind of annoying cause some zon was using ctc items and overwriting mine & my poison nova, and it was annoying:tongue: . But ya the curse thing i was kind of wondering about. Plus, i checked. I got confused and was thinking grand crown was an elite helm.:cry: ah well it's still got like 148 def. so i may just sell it instead.

6. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Actually you shouldn't worry too much about elite helms versus exceptional ones.

The defense difference at most will be a mere 50 points, while the strength requirements will skyrocket. I think I prefer a 113 def Grand Crown with a strength req of 103 over a 165 def Corona with a ditto of 174.

7. zooply

zooply IncGamers Member

That's true the str req is definately too high on those coronas:sunny:

8. garion

garion IncGamers Member

hmmm...for your merc...i guess dream for a bit of dmg...although for an act 2 merc...guillaumes is nice for CB too...

9. NorrYtt

NorrYtt IncGamers Member

Enchantress

I use Delirium on my Enchantress's merc. With Confuse popping regularly, you can tele right into the middle of a mob of cows and Static the whole mob then whack them all slowly but surely dead while tanking no hits at all. You have to get creative with Champs, though. Uniques are still easy because they attack their minions and you focus the unique first. Basically, Delirium contains a powerful form of crowd control so use it on a char that desperately needs it.

I would never ever use Delirium with a Necro. Your curse tree is there for a reason, even if it's just Amp, Decrep, Terror.