Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

dream lightning zon

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by LordLoco, Nov 13, 2006.

1. LordLoco

LordLoco Diabloii.Net Member

dream lightning zon

Hi I was thinking about making a Zon based on the Dream runeword combo...
    She will be wearing a dream helm and shield, as wel as a (5/5 facet) thunderstroke, string of ears and a fortitude or 4x lite facet archon plate.

Her main skills will be powerstrike and lightning fury, mainly to slaughter cows as fast as possible

Has this been tried before and/or does this have a reasonable chance of being succesfull?

I hope you people can give me some more info or some good pointers and i'm always open to suggestions...

2. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman Diabloii.Net Member

cant facet throwing weapons...actually cant socket at all.

3. WrongdayJ

WrongdayJ Diabloii.Net Member

You can't socket javelins, bro. :sad2:

Sounds good- except I'd use Lightning Strike and Charged Strike as my main skills. A big, fat 32+ hit chain lightning does wonders on cows. I've also had good luck using only charged strike on cows. (except for the king)

Let us know how it works out for you!

4. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

A couple of points.

Dual-Dreams, unsynergized, only add just over 800 lightning damage per hit. Nice, but hardly earthshaking, and DEFINITELY not worth the runes it costs to make them. Unless you're a Paladin (who can synergize Dream with Resist Lightning), or a Sorceress (who can synergize Dream with Lightning Mastery), or unless you have a 4-frame attack or something, then don't even bother with Dreams. They just don't deal enough damage. A lightning 'zon wearing nothing but a Griffon's Eye will easily outdamage a lightning 'zon wearing nothing but dual-dreams.

Second off, don't use Power Strike. It's pointless, imo. The damage LOOKS nice, but it's misleading. At level 20 with, say, 42 points in synergies, Power Strike will deal 1682 average lightning damage. Charged Strike will deal 840 damage per bolt, which is basically half as much... but it will fire off 7 bolts, AT LEAST two of which are going to hit every time. If just two bolts hit, CS deals as much damage per hit as PS. If more than two bolts hit (which they will, 99.99% of the time), then CS leaves PS in the dust in terms of damage output.

The only use for PS, in my mind, is the AR bonus... but Charged Strike doesn't need an AR bonus- the bolts are autohit, and only the physical portion requires an AR check. So if you have an 80% chance to hit with Power Strike, and if 3 bolts are hitting with every Charged Strike, Charged Strike will wind up dealing 87.5% more lightning damage per second. If 4 bolts are hitting with every Charged Strike, we're talking about 150% more lightning damage per second. If all 7 bolts hit, we're talking about 337.5% more lightning damage per second. Charged Strike is *WAY* better than Power Strike, except as a means of delivering physical damage... and even then, a 1 point Jab is usually better than a 20-point Power Strike if your goal is just to deliver physical damage.

5. LordLoco

:rolleyes: lol you're right... i should have known this
    I'm startin to feel a bit stupid hahaha

6. LordLoco

Thanx for the tip of using Charged Strike instead of Power Strike (you too SSoG:smiley:)
    And as for the Cow King, my mercenary is wielding an Infinity Thresher which gives a Conviction aura. Shouldn't that break his immunity to lightning?

SSoG: it's not the main point that i would waste runes on making dual dream... It's mostly that I want to make a FUN fast cow killer with the gear that i have available at this point:laugh:

Anyway, i will let you people know how the results are after the first runs, cuz I made up my mind... i'm definately making this Zon
    Thank you all for the replys and suggestions

7. KremBanan

KremBanan Diabloii.Net Member

No, conviction doesnt break it. But be careful cause your merc might poke him to death with physical damage.

8. LordLoco

Doesnt really matter... 1 of my old chars, that i use as a mule nowadays still has the ability to make the Cow level on all difficulty levels

9. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj Diabloii.Net Member

The Dream helm on its own works wonders on a Bowazon, especially when using Multishot. The 1-648 damage adds to every one of the Multishot's arrows, which can add up to a lot of damage against big crowds.

Pierce can allow many hits of the same arrow, meaning much more damage.

10. LordLoco

i've done a few testruns once i got to level 80... and like some of u already said, the dmg is quite disappointing with dream... the moment i switched the dreams for shako and spirit, the damage increased alot.
    I think it's safe to say that dream and lightning zon is NOT a good match:sad2:

11. Waldodanto

Waldodanto Banned

i have a pure light zon for cows, and as youve discovered dreams are not the way to go. I think i have a level 32 light fury and chain lightning, plus my infinity merc, and its not even funny how fast cows go down.
    And in my experience, conviction and a thunderstrokes is enough to take off the immunity of the king sometimes, but not always.... I dont really understand that.... Can anybody explain that? Is he sometimes more immune than other times, or am I just imagining that?

12. SSoG

SSoG Diabloii.Net Member

Boss resistance is affected by the mods they spawn with.

Lightning/Fire/Cold Enchanted adds 75% lightning/fire/cold resistance to the monster (respectively). "Magic Resistant" adds 40% fire, lightning, AND cold resistance. "Spectral Hit" adds 20% fire, lightning, AND cold resistance. Stone Skin adds 50% physical resistance (so if a naturally PI monster spawns with Stone Skin, his PI becomes unbreakable).