Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dream helm on merc????

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by gzvernon, Mar 19, 2005.

1. gzvernon

gzvernon IncGamers Member

Dream helm on merc????

i was thinking would a merc with Infinity,Fort & Dream helm do well or would he need the life leech from andy helm or something to keep him alive?

2. tsweet

tsweet IncGamers Member

i use the same setup on my merc and he does just fine even tanks lister & co

3. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Really a dream on the merc doesn't acheive much. a level 15 hs is not that impressive, heck a level 30 hs is not impressive w/o the synergies/lm to back it.

Really it's a waste of a fairly expensive item.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I just want to second Parkerbsb...Dream should really only be used by Sorceresses and Paladins...otherwise the damage is too low to justify the outrageous rune requirements...A lowly Guillaumes face will probably do a lot more damage...or Vampire Gaze for survivability.

5. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Granted the damage will be okish with infinity, however I don't see the point. I agree with what chimaira said about Vampgaze.

IMO for a caster, Gaze/shaftstop/infinity merc is the ideal, a tank with leech, and goot -res... and much cheaper too :D

6. gzvernon

well im just looking to get more damage from him
    currently he has 30 str andy, eth sacred fort (2600+ def), eth cryptic axe Infinity
    i want to replace the helm with something that add more damage since he wont need the helm much longer

so if anyone has any ideas for a helm that will add more damage of any kind LMK

7. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

As Chimaira said...Guillaumes face should be one of the most damaging helm. It has good FHR, CB and DS

Or if you like to see the "number" then go find a 3soc helm and put ed jewels there

8. gzvernon

basicly i want my merc to be able to walk into a area & everything dies almost instantly with no help from me in HELL, to do that i need area affect auras (eg. holy shock, holy freeze, etc)
    i know i may be prolly just dreaming but its a goal & im just screwing around with alot of different ideas
    having -lit res on the Infinity cryptic i was thinking the holy shock could be amplified by it & be stronger

9. dth

dth Banned

back before the new runewords came out, I had a merc with Eth Doom that could solo hell.

Eth Doom Cryptic Axe
    Eth CoH
    Eth Perf Gaze with Ber

If you want the merc to kill by itself, the conviction aura isn't really helping HIM as much as it's helping YOU. Holy Freeze would do a much better job of this.

10. gzvernon

he already has holy freeze, he is a holy freeze merc so thats taken care of, the infinity is needed for my lit sorc,the armor is to give him more physical damage & his helm is just useless now that he has enough str for the armor
    if anything if the Dream doesnt work out i can use on a char build such as a pally or sorc, so big loss.

merc equipment:
    eth Infinity cryptic
    30 str Andy helm
    eth Fort