Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dragon Talon and elemental damage weapons

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Zarhrezz, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Dragon Talon and elemental damage weapons

I'm building a Talonsin and plan on using Azurewrath. The 250-500 Cold and Magic damage sound appealing of course. I just wondered how Azurewrath would do against Cold and/or Magic Immune monsters compared to other elemental weapons, so I put the resistance data of all Cold and/or Magic Immune monsters and calculated the average elemental damage per frame for Azurewrath, Glimmershred and Famine Phase Blade (I don't know any higher elemental damage weapons really), assuming 5 kicks and IAS on the weapon plus 15% (planned Jewel of Fervor in circlet, no gloves IAS cause of Dracul's).
    It turns out that Azurewrath is even a top notch weapon against monsters that are either Cold or Magic Immune. Glimmershred is far better against Unravelers, Serpent Magi, Plague Bearers and Horadrim Ancients. Famine is only better against Unravelers and Serpent Magi. Glimmershred and Famine are marginally better against Gloombats and Demon Steeds. Against all other Cold and Magic Immunes Azurewrath comes out best of the three.

Conclusion: Azurewrath is the way to go when you go for dealing elemental damage through Dragon Talon. Just so you know in case you decide to go this way =)

2. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

I'll bear it in mind, assuming I ever find an Azurewrath... :)

3. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

Be warned though, that Azurewrath is Ladder only. Dunno if Ladder only items can be found in SP or not though.

4. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

They can quite readily.

The only thing we SP-ers are prevented from ever finding is the Annihilus.

5. Wonko the Sane

Wonko the Sane IncGamers Member

Sweet :D

Oh well about the Annihilus, but I know I'd never be able to earn it in SP anyway =P

6. factotum

factotum IncGamers Member

All the Ladder Only cube recipes work in SP as well, Wonko, just in case you weren't aware of that...who needs a stinky ol' Annihilus anyway? :)

7. 6stringspanky

6stringspanky IncGamers Member

annihlii(is that the right plural usage) suck anyway.....i hated having one after i got it anyways