Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dragon Tallon ideas for PvM equip

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Bhima, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Bhima

Bhima IncGamers Member

Dragon Tallon ideas for PvM equip

Hi all,

I've picked my Dtallon'er as my favorite character for this ladder season. I've collected all of the Unique claws and now I'm ready to think about making some rune word weapons.

What are some Claw/Claw combo's that work well with Dtallon?

Right now I'm using:
    Jade (main hand)
    Bartuk's (off hand)

I just got some Dracul's Grasp so I'm not concerned with life leech on my claws anymore and I'm hoping to find a combo that can increase my killing speed.

Best I can think of atm:
    Chaos Runic Talons (main hand for the +magic damage and speed)
    Jade Talon (off hand for resists)

Feel free to post your whole "ultimate setup" for a c/c Dtallon'er if you feel inspired. :surprise:

Thanks
    *Bhima, USwest since v1.07

2. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Interestingly, the STRENGTH Runeword claw is one of the best claws you can get simply because its the only claw with CB. Maybe you've maxed CB with your equipment, so its not as big a deal. But CB and hitting quickly is one of the reasons people use DTalon. People use DTalon, not for its inherent damage, but for all the hit causes modifiers. Thus most of the real quality choices for weapons for a DTalon build are in fact not claws. A Malice or Fury runeword claw would give you OW, which isn't a bad source of damage for a DTaloner, especially when pared with some elemental charms, to ensure no matter what the immunity OW triggers.

The Fleshripper and Stormlash are considered to be the most elite of weapons for DTaloners.

Make sure you are using the most damage boots possible at all times. This in end game is Myrmidon Greaves. In uniques they are Upgraded Goreriders (the best for this build), or Shadow Dancers. The only other unique worth mentioning is an double upgraded Goblin Toe, which will not upgrade to Myrmidon Greaves, but will give you another 10 CB. Otherwise make sure you have even normal Myrmidon greaves (or the highest damage boots your gal can wear by your character level, since this is your base damage).

CB isn' t the only mod to look for PMH, OW, Chance to Cast Static, are all good mods to have.

+Skills to DTalon won't really increase your AR too much or your damage. At some point more kicks may even get a bit annoying or dangerous as you get stuck in kicklock. So plus skills aren't important at least not for DTalon damage.

Enhanced Damage from weapons will also not help your kick damage at all. So don't worry about that.

BF maybe a good one point wonder skill for you. To be able to do similar DTalon type damage from a distance.

3. Bhima

Bhima IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info Lex. I'm wearing some upgraded Gore Riders and I love 'em. :)

I know what you mean how claws aren't the best weps for Dtalon. The first incarnation of this girl was claw/shield and I miss the Glimmershread/Tiamut's combo on her. But i wanted to try c/c.

Maybe I'll just remake her again... don't like her name anyway. :lol:

What do you think of Beast Rune word? the fanat would really help my kicks out.

4. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

beast is a good option, yes. But i think the best for pvm would be a stormlash, fleshripper or azurwrath/chaos for the magic dmg.

if you wanna go c/c then 2*bartucs or bartucs+jade is the best option, unless you dont have at least 50% cb then a strenght claw is a good option.

C-Beat

5. lextalionis

What is the Chaos? I know what the Azur is

6. C-Beat

C-Beat IncGamers Member

runeword in a claw :)

7. lextalionis

lol, I was thinking of anything but a claw. Thanks