Dragon Flight, IAS or FCR?

Tlaxcotl

Diabloii.Net Member
Dragon Flight, IAS or FCR?

Does Dragon Flight benefit from IAS or FCR? Sorry for askin but I couldn't find the answer anywhere!

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Chidori said:
It is IAS because it is an attack, just like a Dtalon, Dclaw, and Dtail.
You got it wrong. Dflight is based on FCR. My trapper Dflight alot faster then any of my other sins did. And the y difference between my trapper and the rest when it comes to IAS was 1 frame. 7 fpa claw vs 8 fpa trap casting speed with wiz spike. And you hardly see any difference between 1 fpa.

The other difference was that my trapper has +102% FCR , while my other sins don't have any FCR. There's a difference of 4 or 5frames (14/15 without FCR , 10 with 102% FCR) And you do notice that alot.

So Dflight = FCR based , not IAS based.

Lunatic

Diabloii.Net Member
Crazy Person said:
it also has a timer..
I know it has a timer. :) But having high FCR does help to DF out of stunlock alot easier. My trapper in 1.09 didn't have that much trouble DF'ing out of WoF + MB minefield. My hybrid had. So the shorter it takes to "Cast" DF , the sooner you're out of the place you want to be.

jrichard

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it gets hit by both. There's a teleport and a kick animation. Haven't tested it, but i keep meaning to.... :)

Most assassins already have fast enough attack speed to make the IAS portion of possibly 2 frames difference not as noticeable as the FCR issue involving 4 or 5 frames. It's the casting hesitation that made me say in the kicking thread that getting your DF to 7 frames isn't going to be that noticable with the casting hesitation still in place.

jrichard

Tlaxcotl

Diabloii.Net Member
Tnx guys, help alot.
Anyhow, my assassin has trang-oul's claws and arachnid mesh= 40%fcr.
Is getting 2%more fcr worth the frame 13->12?