Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dracul's Grasp work on an Amazon? (Life Tap that is) ifra

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by _Durandal_, Feb 1, 2004.

1. _Durandal_

_Durandal_ IncGamers Member

Dracul's Grasp work on an Amazon? (Life Tap that is)

Just wondering if Dracul's Grasp is worth using on a bowazon. This zon will use Strafe as well as Freeze Arrow as her main skills. Will life tap even work on her, or does it only work on melee characters?

I looked on the skill planner for level 10 life tap, and supposedly it equals 50% of attack damage. So is this to say that if I get lucky enough to cast it on them, it will heal 50% of their damage to me....aka, if they do 300 damage it will heal me 150 health?

Thanks for reading, hope it's not too confusing :D.

2. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Yes, that's correct.

But since you're a bowazon, you shouldn't get hit at all. I'd use Atma's scarab (uniq amulet) for amp dmg instead.

3. jwfcp

jwfcp IncGamers Member

I looked on the skill planner for level 10 life tap, and supposedly it equals 50% of attack damage. So is this to say that if I get lucky enough to cast it on them, it will heal 50% of their damage to me....aka, if they do 300 damage it will heal me 150 health?

Thanks for reading, hope it's not too confusing :D.[/QUOTE]

i think you got it backwards, its not like 50% pdmg reduced, on arreat summit i found that "Attacker gets Healed 50% of Attack Damage" and "Attacking a cursed soul gives you health" and there doesnt seem to be anything saying that it shouldnt work for a ranged attacker. but then again what ranged attacker needs that kind of life leech?

4. assmuffin

assmuffin IncGamers Member

Better yet a Highlord's because when the Amp gets cast on the monsters it stops you for a split second. With Highlord's you can continuously attack the monster.

5. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Amp helps you kill 90% of PI's in Hell, whereas DS/CS don't :xgrin:

6. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

i think you got it backwards, its not like 50% pdmg reduced, on arreat summit i found that "Attacker gets Healed 50% of Attack Damage" and "Attacking a cursed soul gives you health" and there doesnt seem to be anything saying that it shouldnt work for a ranged attacker. but then again what ranged attacker needs that kind of life leech?[/QUOTE]

I believe the Life Tap skill functions the same as if you had an extra 50% life leech ie. the physical damage YOU do determines the life returned.

7. _Durandal_

_Durandal_ IncGamers Member

Ok, I re-read the skill tree and yes I think you're right in that the amount leeched is dependent on your damage. However, at this point I'm wondering if Laying of Hands is a better choice rather than the life steal...after all it is 20%IAS, 350%ED to demons...and mega fire resist :).

I'll have to consult the stickies for that info.