Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dracul's Gloves?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by killian27, Mar 18, 2005.

1. killian27

killian27 IncGamers Member

Dracul's Gloves?

I have read several places that Dracul's Gloves would be of great use for my character (Frenzy Barb). I am currently in Hell, and at level 74. I am dying more often than I would like so I have acquired a Might Merc, and now I intend to level him. I intend to level him in act's 3-5 Nightmare. Any suggestion's on how/where I would have the best chance of these gloves dropping? Just run bosses repeatedly? Or basically its so random, I should just go play and concentrate on leveling and maybe I find one, maybe I don't?

2. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

According to ATMA, they can't be dropped by any NM difficulty monster and that, in general, they are most common around Act 4ish of Hell.

3. killian27

Ok, so I just can't get them yet, that's kewl. I use ATMA, I didn't realize it would show me that. Thanks for pointing it out, ill have to check that feature out.

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

It's almost impossible to go out and find the 1 item you are looking for...You can optimise your chances a bit but that's all. For example nightmare Andariel has the biggest chance of dropping SOJ...but other than that just kill bosses that are capable of dropping Draculs... that's your best bet.

5. Hakai_no_Tenshi

Hakai_no_Tenshi IncGamers Member

Now you know and knowing is half the battle .. GI Joe!

--T

6. killian27

Nice Quote :D

7. Mraezk

Mraezk IncGamers Member

I sometimes wonder about NM andariel and the SoJ. I'm sure I've killed her hundreds of times now, and I've yet to see a single one. I wouldn't be surprised if I've gotten every other item she could possibly drop by this point either.

Just proves looking for specific items rarely works, I suppose. I'd recommend playing as you normally do. Since you're already level 74 and in Hell, it'd seem like your build could make do without them.

8. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

As an aside, you'll probably have better results in Hell difficulty if you gain another four or five levels as well as bringing your merc up to par. Individual items rarely make or break a well built character. Perhaps some NM Baal runs are in order :D Maybe you'll find some equipment to boot.

edit:

Mraezk - Don't feel bad, I'm in exactly the same boat you are. Care to trade for about 75 full Berseker's sets? :D

9. Shagsbeard

Shagsbeard IncGamers Member

If 100's of times was sufficient, you would have SoJs out the ears. Try 1000's before you should feel slighted. I played a crafter in DAoC and we had a 2% chance for a masterpiece and I'd sometimes go 200-300 tries between MP. With 400% MF and exploiting the drop bug, NM andy has a .12% chance to drop one. You could easily go over 10000 and not see one.