Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dracoy's NEW powerhouse char of ownage and his dueling storiess de

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Dracoy, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Dracoy's NEW powerhouse char of ownage and his dueling storiess

This is not yet a gudie but of a guide yet to come O_O. Im still testing out dueling techniques to use. So far im quite succesful.

Background:

I am a summon/bone type necro build that is not used widely but by a few.

Everygame i go to everyone would see my mass of minions and go NEWB your build sucks go remake. 10 mins ago i went into a game of 5 people including me. Asn/barb/paladin/bone necro i kill them off easily one at a time and everyone before dueling me says how mcuh i suck and how much summons will die in one hit. After dueling all of them like 20 times. only 3 summon mages died. All other were still intact and healthy. Then they started to say how much my char sucked again.... All 4 partied and attacke dme same time. barb/paladin die together. I chase after necro get him into a stun lock hit and dies in a few hits. Last asn i get ontop of her always running and kill her with ease. After that they still said summons suck... wow some people have egos the size of canada...

So far ive found:
    ALl melee chars are ez
    Asn Traps: Even duel all mages die first then its quite a bit of a battle.
    Sorcs of all types: They will kill ur minions in one hit. Wayy too powerful. Thats a bad sign of it >< But if u are good u can get to the sorc before it gets to u. Once u can ge one hit on sorc shes dead. Since im part bone id just use bone nec strategy so its all good :0. Ull have meat shields that can take damage so itll be still a good fight.
    Hammerdins: Bone necro strategy. Also kinda hard but once u get it going u can kill them easily.

Pretty much every cookie cutter char or widely known char can be taken down if u can master some techniques and learn to use it. Sorcs are really hard as well as high life casters since ur bone skills wont be as strong. But with patience they will die and ull have a better chance of living since u go meat shields :)

People on bnet are just plain stupid... At least admit they suck. If you guys are interested in thsi build. I will further try to plan it and lvl it and test it out thanks!

2. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

Isnt this that build to where the necro/summons tele over to and opponent, lagg kill them?
    Cool moves, but if so, thats why they keep doggin your build...some see it has a cheesy way to win. I personaly think everything goes in pvp, and plus makes summoners feared.:)

3. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I do nearly 39k damage total skeleton warriors with amp... Since i usually amp them first from afar.

Trust me before they lag they already dead. Most people dont lag since i dont have massive amounts of minions. They cant really call lag when i teleport ontop of them and they already dead around same speed of ahammerdin :)

Lag doesnt work too well only in like 5+ hour games then i lag -_-

This is awesome pvm i can solo 8 lpayer baal its so fun u like never get hurt in pvm with all the minions stack :D

4. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

thats a cool build. i had that idea myself but even just a few skellies lagg me. i tried it with my bone necro. i had a few spare points so i put one in skellies and man. just 5 lag me. i'm in the process of getting a new Graphics card and memory. hope that helps :D

5. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Bone necros do NO damage to me :) Its so much stacking its hilarious. Amazons that use bow are just sad lol... They start shooting or multishooting me not realizing each minion has near 2.5k-3k life and once i land close to them boom they die :D

6. Mister-Hat

Mister-Hat IncGamers Member

How do you get your skellys life so high? I was just playing with the 1.10 skill planner and even if you have 40 in raise skelly and 40 in mastery, skelly life in hell is less than 1.5k. Mage life is less than 800. Just curious if I am missing something.

7. Wuhan_Clan

Wuhan_Clan IncGamers Member

He probably has a CTA weapon switch. Everyone PvP char is a battle order spammer these days.

8. muteownz

muteownz IncGamers Member

how do your skellies stay alive tho? my clay golem which has 6k life without bo dies easy...

9. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I use 10 summoning charms with lots of plus skills. They have high resist. Ive dueld a very good foher. Not the best but pretty good one. He could not kill me once. At the end after 20 duels he only killed my mages because of holy bolt from foh but mages have weak life. I only lost 1 skeleton. But at the end i just wanted to test it out. I let him repediatly foh my skeletons. Each foh killed one skeleton and the holy bolt damage was not significant. i just stood there and after like few million holy bolts he managed to kill 6 skeletons and died from skeletons just swarmnig him at end o_O

When dueling melee i just cast iron maiden. Wih iron maiden one ww high damage barbs die. 2-3 wws for low lvl barbs to die. Only mages die skeletons can takequite a few wws. LIfe tap really destroys me against melee. But i have to get to them before life tap exists. If life taps does come. I just go bone necro style.

My golem has 30k life O_________________________O

10. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

The lvl 24 telenecro is a common PK build in HC. Good for you, lotsa fun!

11. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

I heard about it and its awesome and succesful. There are so many new builds for necros that its alot of fun. cookie cutters are fun but at the end they get kinda boring -_-

12. toader

toader Banned

Well, you have me interested at least....lets here your build and gear.

I imagine your using a merc and other gear that gives auras, so obviously this is a BM dueler...but hey...I wanna hear about it anyways...

13. piggiz

piggiz IncGamers Member

I am interested to know your build on this care to share it out?

14. toader

toader Banned

I did some looking at runewords...and Im guessing this is Dracoys build:

Beast Weapon (gives fant aura)
    Might Merc (give might aura)
    Doom on Merc (gives holy freeze aura)
    CTA to boost life of skelles
    Enigma (for teleporting)
    Marrowalks (for the +33 synergy)

Other gear would be standard type +skill stuff im guessing.

Inventory:
    10 summoning charms
    1 Anni Charm

Skills:
    Summon
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    20 Mage
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mast
    1 Summon Resists
    1 Revive

Curses
    1 All curses

Poison/Bone
    1 Teeth
    1 Bone Armor
    1 CE
    1 Bone Wall
    1 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Spirit

This would require 99 skills, putting you at lvl ** to complete this. You would have godly skeletons, be able to teleport, and also be able to dish out a little bone spirit dmg that would do some pretty good dmg.

So, Dracoy, am I close.....OUT WITH YOUR BUILD!!!!!!!!!

15. Sober_Irishman69

Sober_Irishman69 IncGamers Member

if hes **+.... he can add more to BS or teeth for synergies ^_____^

16. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

Um Shako
    Um Homoculus
    Beast Weapon (gives fant aura)
    Might Merc (give might aura)-dont need for duels
    Doom on Merc (gives holy freeze aura)-dont need for duels
    Bramble on Merc(thorns)-dont need for duels
    CTA to boost life of skelles
    Enigma (for teleporting)
    Marrowalks (for the +33 synergy)
    MageFist
    Sojs
    Arachnid
    20 Fcr Necro amulet
    20 life/ressit charms

Other gear would be standard type +skill stuff im guessing.

Inventory:
    10 summoning charms
    1 Anni Charm

Skills:
    Summon
    20 Skeleton Mastery
    20 Raise Skeleton
    1 to mage
    1 Clay Golem
    1 Golem Mast
    1 Summon Resists
    1 Revive
    1 to everything in summon tree

Curses
    1 to amp
    1 to iron maiden
    1 to decrep if u want i dont hae it

Poison/Bone
    1 Teeth
    1 Bone Armor
    1 CE
    20 Bone Wall
    1 Bone Spear
    20 Bone Spirit
    33 from marrowalk

I went to pubby today with my friend, a mediocore non rich no enigma type foh. We were unstoippable 6 cookie cutters vs us 2 we just owned them. he hid in my mass of skeletons i killed everyone he was support. For casters he was caster killer i aws everyhting else killer.

This gear is VERY good at fightning pubby caster druids i see :)

I did not max noob mages. They do so little damage and most mages are used as shields. One-two hits they die anyways.

Right now this necro is Going VERY VERy well. Everyone in game clal me newb when they see me then after they ask me how to buidl it.

Should get 3k bone spirit after u add some points into bone spear when u lvl more. This is enough damage to take down alot of people. Ur minions all have nearly 3k life.

I duele din a game for an hour. At the end i lost 2 warrios and lost all my mages. Even with 2 warrior and no mages i still could take on everyone. The build is very tight build. Skeletons absorb most damg ;)

17. toader

toader Banned

Hmmm...yea I understand about mages...they suck.

Im guessing that with your 20+ skills into summoning that you have a high enough lvl mage with that.

Nice build....expensive on ladder though.

18. Dracoy

Dracoy IncGamers Member

From alain. My guy is much stronger than this now. He has grown more powerful with other things. But this is to give u an idea of each skeleton

Rght now ill do around 20.8k damgae without amp (16 warriors). Everytime i duel i cast amp first. which is nearly42k damage since i do more damage now i do 42k damage + . And i should hit 3k life each warrior with added mage and bone spirit damage i should be doing up to 50-53k damage since bone spirit unresistable its good in duels alos. This build is very very defensive and go offensive too its awesome so much fun. Soloing hell is FUNNNNNN :)

10 mages wiht pplus stuff. Does average damage but is used mainly as meat shields.

19. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Just to tell you Dracoy... Amp doesn't actually double your damage like that... (From 20.8K to 42K)

You have to take Damage Reduction into account... So if someone has 50%Dr, and you put on Amp, their reduction goes down to -50%. Meaning your skels do 3X more Physical Damage with Amp than they did without.

When you actually do the guide, don't forget to mention Summon Damage Penalties against Players along with the PvP penalty....

I had actually had the idea to make this build long ago (From a strictly PvM point of view, still Teleport is SO useful for a summoner) but didn't have the resources in 1.10 to acquire this stuff on Ladder.

Dracoy, just something to think about... You may have more efficiency in PvP with a Blessed Aim Merc... You already get a lot of Ed% from the Skel skill and Fanaticism.... If your skels make contact more often, they would get in more hits and cause more difficulties when your opponents try to block.

PvM, I'd still go Might since they have no trouble hitting in that situation... PvP against High Def builds could be difficult with Might though.

Blessed Aim adds 360%Ar, Beast 80%.

(With the lvl45 Mastery/Lvl43 Skel you mentioned a few days ago, iirc)
    Base Skel Ar: 1325
    Skel AR With Might Merc: 2385
    Skel AR with Blessed Aim Merc: 7155 (Damage: 893.97 - 898.7)

I was going to calculate their chance to hit... But when thinking about it, a very important note popped into my mind... What is the Attacker Lvl of a Skeleton?? I'd imagine... Same as Necro?? If anyone knows, feel free to mention it.

If you do plan on a serious guide... take a look at this one beforehand... http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=131979 and improve on it. Take a look at this one too: http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=127815&page=1 For Aura references... may have some extra info you'd like to incorporate.

20. helohi

helohi IncGamers Member

@alain Alvl of golem is same as the necro so it seems logical that skellies also has Alvl=Necro lvl.