Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

DR+LifeLeech+LifeTap vs IronMaiden, how to win?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Fuzzier, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

DR+LifeLeech+LifeTap vs IronMaiden, how to win?

My frenzy bar has 50% damage reduction, and some life leech, the enemies are Life Tapped, but I still lose hp very fast when I'm Iron Maidened (if I use a big weapon, one hit one kill).
    Need advice how to overcome Iron Maiden. Thanks.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Berserk. Or wait for it to stop. Just run around for a bit until an OK hits you with a different curse, or IM's duration runs out.

Try luring the Doom Knights away from the OKs and take them out without fear of being cursed. Then go back and take out the OK.

3. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

I usually switch to a big 2-handed, leap in, war cry, Berserk OK to death, switch and frenzy. If it's too crowded, howl then war cry.
    But my question is is there anyway to nullify IM (i.e. by DR, lifeleech & life tap)?
    I guess the damage which is returned by IM is not reduced by DR.

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

It is reduced by DR, but no amount of DR/life leech will ever save you from all that physical damage.

A quirky way around it is to equip extremely low physical damage weapons with high Crushing Blow (like 'Black' Flails) and use mass Crushing Blow, Open Wounds, and elemental damage to get kills. (Crushing Blow damage does not get returned by IM.)

5. SSoG

SSoG IncGamers Member

If you close to melee range with an OK, they will *ALWAYS* switch to Decrepify. It's a good trick if you want them to take off the IM and you don't want to sit around waiting for it.

That's not entirely true. If you have absolutely ABSURD levels of leech, paired with lifetap, you can actually heal while IM'd. Of course, the only way to hit high enough levels of leech is with Hunger or a very high level Feral Rage... and if you ever run into unleechables while IM'd you'll still make a mess of yourself.

If you're using a high-damage attack, you can just forget it, because you have to survive the hit before you leech- meaning if you're one-hit-killing yourself, you could have a billion% life leech, but you'd still be dead before it ever kicked in.

6. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

I always find more than one OK surrounding me, so even if I melee one, the rest are still able to IM me.

Oh, I understand now, life-leech is functional AFTER I've taken the returned damage. Damn Blizzard...

7. sirwhere

sirwhere IncGamers Member

Well, I agree with giving some monsters the iron maiden curse. But not at those insane levels where the slightest touch = insta death. A lev 1 for normal, lev 2 for NM and lev 3 for hell should do just fine.

By the way, the blood mana curse should be able to cause casters do DIE as well. And besides, it should also act regardless of the caracter's life..