Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Downloadable characters?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by egervari, Mar 15, 2004.

1. egervari

egervari IncGamers Member

Downloadable characters?

I remember superhal posted a barbarian ik character that one could use in single player to try things out. I was wondering if there were any more I could download and play with. Sometimes I'd like to try out an eth botd cb, but I don't think I'd play the character much. In any case, I'd like to try out a few fantasy charatcers that I plan to make or ones that I would only want to have fun with for awhile just because I don't have the 4-5 sojs to buy an eth botd zerker or cb.

2. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

it wasn't me, but maybe the atma site has the old beta char packs.

3. egervari

Sorry superhal, someone else named "hal" then posted such a character and was also a barbarian advocate. Can I still try these beta characters single player?

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Halciet

That's probably the guy your thinking about.

5. egervari

oh, okay. I'd appreciate it if someone else has prepared some characters for everyone to try out. Or, if you know the method to make these files, tell me and I will make some good ones too (I have several great characters I think people would love to try out).

6. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

ehh no atma is used for legit muling and we spf members dont like the fact that there even was downloadable chars posted here.

so you wont find any beta pack chars there.

do a google search for cheats if you feel the need to use downloaded chars

most cheat sites should probebly have a few

7. illa

illa IncGamers Member

I don't see how it is cheat. Its single player everybody else could care less and its only for testing purposes? Anyways I dled some at one point just can't find the link :(

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Lol I make chars ALL the time on open to test builds, it just isn't logical to spend the gear, time, etc on making a build that you don't know is good.

9. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I think someone released a pack with some lvl 99 chars with all the skill and stat points undistributed + a load of mules with all the items for the beta, and it still works for me. It was available for download on the diabloii.net site, perhaps you can still dl it there. Just pick a lvl99 char, mule everything on it, test build :D They even included socketed items and runes in case you cant to test the new runewords ;)

10. Davemetalhead

Davemetalhead IncGamers Member

It's considered a cheat because we have a thriving trade economy on the SPF, and we trade only legit items, found with legit characters. We don't consider single player as a test bed for CattleNet.

11. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

You can consider it whatever you want, but it is.

12. LORD NIKON

LORD NIKON IncGamers Member

Æ’enris , it may look like this . In most of the time it may be true . But what is the fun of playing only 100% verified things ? Try , make a mistake , rebuild . You can make a viable build only with theoritical idea of what should it be . And don't tell me it takes time ... because I don't think you are playing the whole game by yourself , right ? While the point of B.net (at least to me) is PvP , single player is centered about playing the game for fun , and enjoying it .

Just my 2 Breast Plates

/hijack

13. lone_wolf

wow fenris how hard is it to make viable builds?

not hard at all you just have to use the knowlage you have when making the builds nothing else.

and even so there is plenty of builds posted here.

you could even use the skill planner if your unsure about something.

and lastly you can always aske people who has the build if its viable or not.

also many unique builds are made trough trial and error not downloaded chars:grrr:

and i would rather make 5 char and then find that perfect build i want then cheat to get there.

who knows you might learn to play better too:idea:

but i guess my resoning is hard to understand.

so i say it very simple i rather have the knowlage i have thanks to all the builds i have tested then to cheat and then dont even know how to play

if you agree or not dont affect me the slightest

14. illa

illa IncGamers Member

I don\t see why and how it bothers you if someone tests a build like that? He\s not cheating anyone... I\d say its cheat if he used 48 hours leveling his char and finding out that it cant do very much in hell.

He\s not getting anything out of it then knowledge and it doesnt effect you, battle.net or the economy or anything else so the only reason i can see you getting pissed is that uve WAISTED hours making crappy builds while he has researched something and found the best way to do it in a much smaller timeframe.

15. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I think I may have understated what I meant.
    I try people's guides, or whenever I get an idea.
    Honestly, I don't care how you consider single player whatsoever, it's not going to stop me from making chars.
    Maybe I would never want them as a real char, or I don't have the funds, etc etc.

Don't try and tell me your 'resoning' is too hard to understand, your lack of 'knowlage' speaks for itself.

Edit: think of it as wind tunnel testing.
    And you're saying, omg, they should send all test airplanes out with manned pilots before working out bugs! Wind tunnels are for wussies who can't fly unproven airplanes!

16. Anidem

Anidem Banned

God all that yammering for nothing! Yes the zip of unskilled lev 99 chars is still up on Diabloii.net! its right on the front page. Its listed under 1.10 Item wharehouse! It has all char types Lev 99 with no skill or stat points allocated! It also has The good Items zipped away that you have to mule in though!

Don't buother wasting breath with the "This Is cheating" crowd.

17. lone_wolf

no its not going to stop you from making those chars but once you have tried a few char builds you have a pretty good picture about what skill works and what skill wont work.

ohh and fenris do you think langauges shows how smart people are?

and about the wind tunnel test.

those tests are needed as human life are at stake. while building your chars wrong hardly costs you your life.

you only learn something from it.

anyway argiuing this matter anylonger have no point. i have stated what i feel and you have stated what you feel.

18. Roverite

Roverite IncGamers Member

im with fenris ur idea of doing somthing messing up then redoing it is abit dumb. Its like painting your whole house black, then deciding when u finish u want it grey, then deciding after that it need to be white then think maybe it should be abit darker grey. Its just a waste of time for not only yourself but people who help you with rushing etc..

19. lone_wolf

well roverite i dont rush so that might be the case for you and fenris but not for me.

i play alone in sp so i dont use rushes.

dont know but i enjoy playing trough normal and nightmare. dont need to play in hell asp all the time.

i guess we find different ways to have fun with this game.

20. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Look, if someone is downloading characters and then trying to trade the items on thoes characters in the SPF, then that is wrong, but if I'm thinking of making a barb with all stats in strenght and I want to try it out, in single player before spending hours, and hours online building him just to see that he can't survive, I don't see anything wrong with that.

Anyway, if you want characters, and every item in the game to try out on lvl 99 characters just use this link

http://www.diabloii.net/cgi-bin/dow....120.244/other/loaded/diablo2/UD2X110_Lib.zip

it's the 10th link down, under "New Files" on the main page if Diabloii.net, it is a zip file full of lvl 99 characters with basically every item in the game, set characters, all the new 1.10 items, unique charms etc. have fun!