Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Downgrading from 1.09D to 1.09B

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Barak, Apr 2, 2005.

1. Barak

Barak Diabloii.Net Member

Downgrading from 1.09D to 1.09B

Hi,

I am currently playing 1.09D and would like to downgrade to 1.09B. The "chance to cast" bug never really bothered me before since I play mostly caster characters, but I am now trying some characters where it would be nice if chance to cast worked.

Are 1.09D characters compatible with 1.09B? And can I install the 1.09B patch over my current installation, or do I have to uninstall and start from scratch?

Thanks in advance...

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty sure all 1.09 patch are compatible with each other. As for remove patch, there is a couple of files you can delete to change it back to .07, though I can't remember which ones. It's listed in the .07 guide in the stickies.

3. TheNix

TheNix Diabloii.Net Member

There is an easy was to change from 1.09d to 1.09b. All you have to do is replace the 1.09d dll with the 1.09b dll. I know the info is somewhere here because someone sent it to me some time back. I'll check though my stuff and see if I can find it. BTW welcome to the SPF. Funny thing is that I'm playing a 1.09 solo WB called Barak as we speak.

I found it, it is the D2Game.dll from 16/08/01. It is over 1MB so I can't send it to you and I have no idea where to download it from. Sorry.

4. SideShowBob

SideShowBob Diabloii.Net Member

It can be downloaded directly from Blizzard:

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo2exp/patches/

5. Barak

Barak Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the help everyone. I replaced the DLL and now my young bowazon can successfully use that "5% Chance to Cast Amplify Damage" bow that found. :)