Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Downgrading Drivers! Please help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by AgentOrange, Feb 4, 2004.

1. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Downgrading Drivers! Please help!

Hello, I have a Geforce 3 Ti 500 video card and I have a question
    I currently have it installed with a 5.2.1.6 Driver (don't know exact type, not that good with computers) and my friend told me the 43.03 Detonator driver is alot better for my video card and I should get it. (I've been having problems with my computer, during computer games I get a Windows Error saying Microsoft Windows detected and recovered from a device failure.
    Please save your work and reboot to restore
    full functionality. So I do, and it works fine. I can't figure out how to install a downgraded version of my Nvidia driver, since everytime I uninstall the one I have now from system, and restart, Windows locates my video card and reinstalls it instantly :p Any suggestions?

2. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

Are you using the driver from the cd or are you trying to get an eirlier version that that? I don't know if they still hold the earlier versions on the nvidia site anymore. Nvidia kinda pisses me off now, I cain't find anything on the site anymore.

3. AgentOrange

AgentOrange IncGamers Member

Currently, I have the most recent drivers for the Nvidia. Yet, the driver isn't the best one for my current video card. The 43.03 Detonator driver is the one I want to install, yet is considered a lower version of the Nvidia card. It's much better for me though.

4. Starfishied

Starfishied IncGamers Member

5. nnndave

nnndave IncGamers Member

i'm not really sure why you wouldn't want the new one. I too have a ti-500 and the only driver that didn't give me problems was the one from the cd. I recently installed the new detonator and it hasn't been too bad. It still screws up constatnly though, i'm not putting up with this gf3 anymore. I'm getting an fx 5200. So whats wrong with the new driver?