Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

downgraded after socket quest???

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by hmlyim, May 13, 2005.

1. hmlyim

hmlyim IncGamers Member

downgraded after socket quest???

I plan to make BOTD runeword on a etheral berserker axe. Today, I got the axe but it is not socketable. Then, I complete the socket quest and use the socket reward on this eth berserker axe.

The axe at first is marked FAST ATTACK SPEED. After I done socketing it with 6 sockets, it downgraded to NORMAL ATTACK SPEED. :( Is this bug or what?

Should I make the BOTD on it or should I wait to get another berserker axe? THX.

2. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

You probably viewed the axe using two characters of different classes. This displayed attack speed is useless, it's far better to use an attack speed calculator to find out how many frames are required per attack (fpa). A good speed calc can be found here.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

all stats are not the same for all chars. As said, attackspeed can be different for different chars on a specific weapon.
    Sometimes also level reqs can change, for instance, i have seen a pair of crafted gloves with level req on 103 ( :lol: ) on every char except for the amazon. Wierd, but strange. Probably a bug, but hey, it confirmes the theory

4. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

Ya, make it in the axe. It is a good weapon for BotD.

5. hmlyim

hmlyim IncGamers Member

oops :eek: , right...never think of different character with different attack speed....just too nervous to get the eth ber axe

last question, some thread also sugg BOTD on Colossus Blade. Which is best? sword or axe??

6. cotton

cotton IncGamers Member

CB has a little more damage, Zerker is a little faster, so it depends on build and personal preferrence. Both are good weapons--might want to ask on the class specific forum about what is best for your build.

7. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

axe is my choice. Remember that a colussus blade will mean you have to use it 2-handed unless you make a barb. That is pretty limited... The berzerker axe has more areas of use, which also usually makes it worth more if you get sick of it and want to sell it.
    (ofc, high% col. blades are worth more than low berzerker axes etc, but axes are in general easier to trade)
    And the 1-hand damage on a Col.Blade is just a little higher than the axe's, and imo, its not worth it.

(col. blade has better looks though) :fish:

8. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

A CB has less onehanded dmg than a BA (47.5 Avg for BA, 45 Avg for CB). The BA is [0] while the CB is [5], and the CB has higher requirements. The only reason to use CB's is: a) looks cooler and b) can be used twohanded. The reasons to use BA's: a)works on every char b) better dmg c) lower req d) other good runewords like Beast are only made in axes

HoD