Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Doubley Upgraded Bonesnap?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bunghole, Feb 17, 2004.

1. bunghole

bunghole IncGamers Member

Doubley Upgraded Bonesnap?

just lookin at the good damage on a normal weapon makes me wonder. 300% ed with a oh so nice 40% crushing blow. Looks like the possibilites may be quite wondrous if upgraded x2. Anyone tried junk like this?

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Yea, I've seen paladins discussing how they would use a 2x upgraded bonesnap for a charger. Let's wait and see someone post the stats of an ethereal, high ed, upgraded + zodded one =).

3. sJw_shan

The only thing that sucks about upgrading weapons is that you don't retain the original's image, if it was a custom one. (ie. a bonesnap upgraded to exceptional will look like unique bloodtree stump instead of the skull on club normal unique)

and ie, upgrading a unique norm weapon will make it look like the exceptional unique version (if there is one), and upgrading a unique exceptional weapon will make it look like the elite unique version (if there is one)

4. tking716

tking716 IncGamers Member

i have a bonesnap ogre maul on my werewolf druid. i dont have the stats handy unfortunately, but from experience, i will tell you that it owns. it almost makes a werewolf a good 1.10 hell char, almost :)

i have tried many other weapons too, and a bonesnap ogre maul is WAY better than IK maul or cranium basher. i havent tried a BotD weapon yet, though i suspect that would be better than a bonesnap. of course bonesnap is much cheaper.

5. Nobbler

Nobbler IncGamers Member

An upgraded Ribcracker would be better in my opnion. With its very fast speed I prefer it over the Bonesnap. :thumbsup:

6. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Bonesnap is just way too slow for a werewolf. big dmg is nice, but if you cant get the hits out quickly the dmg means nothing. Tomb Reaver is probably one of the best weapons to use, with its easy to achieve 4 frame attack. Up'd Ribcracker is also quite nice with the crushing blow and extra defense.

Even for a charger, i can think of weapons with more dmg i'd use. IMO, bonesnap just isnt worth the runes to upgrade it. (cept for maybe an eth, 300ed, zod'd one.....but in that case i dont think its worth the zod)

7. retrovamp

retrovamp IncGamers Member

- Yea, I think that bonesnap would still be better for a charger than any other character. If my math and crappy d2 knowledge is correct, ethereal 300ed bonesnap ogre maul will only do about 460-636 damage two-handed with 40% crushing blow.

8. sJw_shan

460-636 =) damage sounds pretty good for the two upgrades:

1 Ral Rune + 1 Sol Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Normal Unique Weapon = Exceptional Version of Weapon

1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon (Ladder Only)

9. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

yup, thats respectable dmg. But remember thats eth, and it will break if you dont zod it.

I think rares have a better potential for easy high dmg. I found a rare thundermaul from pindle that does 147-774 dmg, and its not even eth :p

10. sJw_shan

hehe, i can't wait to see some godly eth 300-400 ed rares with sockets =).