Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Double Throw damage equation?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Quietus, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Double Throw damage equation?

Does anyone know what it is? It's been mentioned in the barb forum that it doesn't actually show the proper damage in the LCS, which I'm tempted to believe - that 8.7k listed per hand at level 59 is just too juicy to believe.

Does anyone know how the strength and dex add to throw damage? I don't even know if strength DOES... I think it does, but I'm not 100% sure.

And war travs add directly to the weapon's damage, then gets multiplied by everything else, correct?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

This site says the bonus is 50 str/50 dex, meaning every 100 additional str or dex stat points will net you an additional 50% off-weapon ed, which frankly isn't very impressive at all.
    Not everything else.

The weapon damage is first enhanced by any on-weapon modifiers, including on-weapon %ed.
    Then off-weapon sources of +max/min damage (such as WarTravs) are added on.
    Then off-weapon sources of %ed are applied (off-weapon %ed, auras, skills).

So, essentially, the only thing not included in "everything" is on-weapon %ed.

3. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Which is wrong. It's 75/75 for all throwing weapons, but 80/50 for amazon javelins (spears too).

The standard damage formula can also be used for throwing skills, note that the LCS shows an inflated amount of dmg because it calculates it wrong as usual.

4. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

Would you mind giving an idea how much is the error for throw dmg?

5. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

"Lots" would be about right, this should be the formula the LCS uses to calculate Double Throw dmg:
    weapon damage * (1 + double swing synergy ED/100 + throwing mastery ED/100) * (1 + stat bonus ED/100 + aura bonus ED/100 + off-weapon equipment ED bonus/100)

As you can see it multiplies with the synergy and mastery first, then does the rest. In reality those two get added into the skill ed% pool, so the end result is much lower.