Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Double Throw Barbs

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Vizian, May 8, 2008.

1. Vizian

Vizian IncGamers Member

Double Throw Barbs

So, first post here. Long time lurker.

A bit about me:
    Account named after my main sorc file.
    Live in the U.S.A
    Love Music/D2

That's enough(shoo pedophiles)

Ok, so, my initial account ever was a double throw barb. He started off rough, but turned out really badass with his final throwing axes(i think thats what they were). My question is , where is the love?

Over the past three weeks that I've been playing, I've seen countless hammerdins and sorc builds, a few druids and necros, some assassins/amazon... but the only barb i ever see is the maul wielding WW barb.

Double throw barbs are so freaking fun! It's like a bowazon who can just hurl projectiles from his jacked body whilst screaming war cries and looking gangsta in barb only attire.

So my question is, why so unpopular?

2. accipite

accipite IncGamers Member

Re: Double Throw Barbs

i think the reason is DT barb is not powerful enough.
    barb is weak in PVM, he is hardly to beat light sorc, ama, hammerdin etc
    barb is powerful in pvp, but for ww barb.
    it is fun, but usually player will looking for overwhelming build first.

3. churinga

churinga IncGamers Member

I built a double throw barb a few weeks ago, and the reason why i finally abandoned him is that HE NEEDS TO REPAIR THE WEAPONS EVERY 30 SECS!!!! he is throwing at 3.5fpa, and the stack of weapons drains sooooo fast, which is very annoying.

BTW, he is very powerful as he can clear chaos sanctuary in multiplayer games very fast, except for the repairings...

4. lumpor

lumpor IncGamers Member

Well, you can make a throwing/hybrid build. Since you'll max double swing for the synergy anyway you might as well use that to your advantage. Put 1 point in axe mastery, and 1 point in frenzy, and use double throw on your right-click and a synergized frenzy on your left-click, and then use melee when you're out of quantity until they've replenished (assuming you're using glimmershreds).

Can I ask a question though? Is a maxed double swing better than a lvl 1 frenzy synergized by a maxed double swing? Or should I use double swing on my left click and skip frenzy?

5. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

That's a strange question, because both options are NOT desirable. If you play Frenzy you want to max it, and DS only if you have spare points (after investing in other skills). In this case put Frenzy on right button and DS on left, so you have good control over Frenzy.

However, if you want a DS barb you need only a few points in this skill (depending on your skill bonuses, you should reach zero mana points). Instead you max Bash as a synergy, and you invest the rest in other skills.

Both builds are very viable; for DS you need a lot of Crushing Blow, but that's easy. Otherwise your gear is pretty much the same.