Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Double TC87 drop?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Cius, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Double TC87 drop?

I was looking at a list of TC87's yesterday and saw Natalya's weapon there. I thought that was odd as I remember my little sister, who only played for about 3 months getting two in one drop off Baal in 1.09 days. Was it in a lower TC back then or was it just an incredibly lucky drop?

Same thing with Tals plate. I found it twice back in 1.09 but see that it is now a very rare item. Was it moved up the TC order in 1.11?

2. dainbramage

dainbramage IncGamers Member

Re: Double TC87 drop?

The TC's which monsters could drop (and/or the chances of dropping higher TC's) was fiddled with in 1.10 (the most notable nerfs being pindleskin and thresh socket), however no items had their TC's changed.

3. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

IIRC there were TC87 and TC90 in 1.09. I don't have Atma here or 1.09 txt files, so I can't look deeper into it, but it's possible it was only TC87...

4. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Still incredible that it was a double drop considering that I can't recall ever seeing another set/unique one. I think I might have once seen a double venomsward or Isenharts case perhaps but do not have a clear recollection or better yet a screen shot.

5. Gorgrims

Gorgrims IncGamers Member

a Unique can only drop once per game, including gamble shop appearently.

Only sets can drop twice. Also, there's only TC 87 now, but TC90 existed in 1.09, Natalya's mark is TC87, and i think I remember Diablo only dropping TC 84, and baal only dropping TC 87 in 1.09.

6. silospen

silospen IncGamers Member

IIRC there were some situations where a unique could drop more than once. Of course, I might not recall correctly :)

7. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Actually a unique can drop twice in the same game if and only if the same creature drops it.

IE, Meph. can drop 2 venomwards at the same time, but if Andy dropped a venomward, Meph in the same game could not.

8. purplelocust

purplelocust IncGamers Member

On two uniques in the same game- I had two rainbow facets drop in the same game, from different monsters. But those facets were not of the same type- apparently each rainbow facet type is its own item type. Somehow, though, but the 25 different possible Ormus' Robes just count as the same item. For grailing purposes, to be somewhat consistent, people need to collect all 8 facet types but just one Ormus' Robes.

9. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

In 1.09, TC87 was not the highest as there was TC90. That said, though, TC87 in 1.09 was still significantly rarer than TC87 in 1.10. Scissors Suwayyah was TC87 in 1.09 as well as in 1.10, and from two of the most popular targets, Baal and Pindle, Natalya's Mark would still have been a rarer drop in 1.09 than 1.10. Naturally, having 2 drop in 1.09 at once is even rarer than having 2 drop at once in 1.10! Hence, your sister either got very lucky, was using a drop mod, or you read the item wrong :D

Tal's Plate was TC84 in 1.09, the same as in 1.10.

And, 2 uniques can't spawn in the same game - I'm reasonably sure that includes double dropping from the same monster, as each pick is an independent event and hence when the second one comes up, it knows the first unique has already spawned and so will just be a triple-durability rare. Not 100% on that one, though.

Rainbow Facets are different uniques that just happen to have the same name and item type... it's as if Stormlash would be called Horizon's Tornado, while Ormus' Robes simply has a mod that gives to a random skill.

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

No, all items in TC90 got their Qlvl reduced to TC87, and Shadow Plate went down to TC84 IIRC.

This doesn't work, not in SP at least. I have two screenies where a double unique drop was attempted, and it failed twice.

11. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Two Nat's marks in one drop off Baal would be crazy rare, if possible at all.

I've had double set drops from Meph before, like 2 Isenhart Cases ... so I'm guessing it's possible from Baal.

12. Callador

Callador IncGamers Member

Well, Hell Baal attempted to drop triple unique Sharktooth Armor during Baalathon - clicky :laugh:
    (needless to say, both rares had triple durability)

13. Dodgydave

Dodgydave IncGamers Member

You do recall correctly (as always!)

Aldurs Armour was the only TC90 I found in 1.09 so a bit of a disappointment when it dropped to TC84!

14. Gorgrims

Gorgrims IncGamers Member

Aw bummer, my only TC90 was Immortal kings soul cage, was really happy, although my dream was always to find a Windforce or Sheaffers, hmm :(

ps. Fun baal drop ^^

15. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

Since set doesn't have the limits on how many can be dropped in same game, it is "possible" for baal to drop 6x natalya's mark at once. Only the possibility is too small, that you will never see it happen.

I think my best "luck" was 3x useless set drop at once. That was insult I tell you.

16. muzzz

muzzz IncGamers Member

Be glad. Dear old Meppy once dropped me a single green breastplate. Nothing else. Not even a single piece of gold.

I almost quit running him at that point. But then I realized things could only go uphill now, and I moved on.

17. DeathMaster

DeathMaster IncGamers Member

At least you got a green item.

A recent baal drop (P3) was some gold, a great healing potion (not even a super healing), a flawless ruby, an useless blue and yellow.

18. Skinnyy

Skinnyy IncGamers Member

As far as set drops, I once had the nm Countess drop me three different pieces of Sigon's in one drop (boots, gloves, helm). Kinda cool to see, but pretty useless. If it was an untwinked, single-pass character though, it would have been pretty godly.

19. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

I got 2x Mavina's armor from Baal in one drop, which is my best "double-drop" :tongue: A double TC87 drop from Baal is just...unfair.

20. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

And it was a drop to a person who literally only played long enough to mat a single character and do a few runs. Very unfair. I've played this game for many years and have had a single TC87 drop (mangs) and that was in my old tainted stash before I discovered this forum so it was deleted when I did my restart.