Double Swing question

Kronlin

Diabloii.Net Member
Double Swing question

I got my Double Swing to slvl 6, which now lists it as zero mana to use. However, my mana ball is still dropping as I use it. Am I doing something wrong, or is this skill bugged?

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
do you remember the way the skill was shown on arreat summit during the beta? thats the way the skill really functions, by my experience anyways, it slowly drops to zero mana around lvl10-11 or so and stays there, it doesn't become negative or anything

Kronlin

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
do you remember the way the skill was shown on arreat summit during the beta? thats the way the skill really functions, by my experience anyways, it slowly drops to zero mana around lvl10-11 or so and stays there, it doesn't become negative or anything
Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I never played beta. I've only taken up DII about a month ago.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
ok, it's just that the mana progression is wrong on the skill, it lowers until, lvl9 you say? and one it gets to 9 its at zero and it stays at zero

jb4479

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually at max (with +skills) on my DS barb it drops to -3, it actually replenishes your mana.

Kronlin

Diabloii.Net Member
jb4479 said:
Actually at max (with +skills) on my DS barb it drops to -3, it actually replenishes your mana.

You have a DS barb? I was thinking about doing that too. What is your skill point allocation? And how does this compare to a Frenzy barb?

memememe173

Diabloii.Net Member
Ash Housewares said:
ok, it's just that the mana progression is wrong on the skill, it lowers until, lvl9 you say? and one it gets to 9 its at zero and it stays at zero
My double thrower with max Double Swing has something like -5 or 6 mana cost per DS but I've never seen it give me mana for using it.

jb4479

Diabloii.Net Member
Kronlin said:
You have a DS barb? I was thinking about doing that too. What is your skill point allocation? And how does this compare to a Frenzy barb?

Max DS, max Bash, max mastery, a few in BZ for PI's. I prefer DS to Frenzy because I find it to hard to control a max Frenzy, with 1 pt. in Inc Speed and my +skills and gear, I find myself with a +65% to my speed. plenty fast enough. You can tailor the rest of your skills to your own personal tastes.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
i put up a thread a while ago about making a non-leech barb using DS. no worries about mana burn or health (using life tap), but phys immune/mana burn is still an issue, as you would be forced to use zerk.

vs frenzy, you lose like 300 or so ed.

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
the display is wrong, if it were correct then the skill would cost zero mana at lvl 6, but it still costs mana until lvl 9

and if you wanted a DS barb I'd suggest using plenty crushing blow

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
At high enough levels double swing will actually replenish your mana!. I had a throw barb who got it up to the -2 mana per swing level and i watched as his mana went up every hit even without mana leech on.