Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Double Pat/Mat Thread: Burning Builds (Fire Claw Bear and Pure Fire Sorc)

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by maxgerin, Apr 20, 2008.

1. maxgerin

maxgerin IncGamers Member

Double Pat/Mat Thread: Burning Builds (Fire Claw Bear and Pure Fire Sorc)

I completed these characters 2+ months ago, but for one reason or another I didn't bother posting about them. Neither of them are anything close to spectacular, but I guess I can consider them as decent builds.
    Both characters were also completed before my conversion to RWM, so no Spirit or Fortitude.

Since I fail to get screenshots of the gear/skill set-up upon completion of the game, I tried my best to remember their equipments at that time and equipped it moments ago and took screenshots of that. Of course I have already leveled them so I can't get the original numbers again.

Matriarch Pyronia--Pure Fire Sorc
    Character name : Pyronia
    Character type : Sorceress
    Character level : 85
    Character exp : 1081878902

Strength : 125
    Energy : 35
    Dexterity : 35
    Vitality : 270
    Stat Points Rem : 50
    Skill Points Rem: 9

Life : 1041 / 704
    Mana : 678 / 203
    Stamina : 428 / 418

Skills (Hardpoints Invested):
    Fire--20 Fire Bolt, 20 Fire Ball, 20 Meteor, 20 Fire Mastery,
    1 each for Inferno, Blaze, Firewall and Warmth. (+2 Fire Master, +9 to all from gears)
    Lightning--1 each for Static Field, Telekinesis, Teleport. (+2 Lightning Mastery, +8 to all from gears)
    Cold--none. (+2 Cold Mastery, +8 to all from gears)

Fire Ball Damage: 8095--8938
    Meteor Damage: 16997--17805

Gears
    Helm: Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest w/ Ral Rune
    Armor: Tal Rasha's Guardianship w/ Thul Rune
    Weapon 1: Tal Rasha's Lidless Eye w/ +30% PR, 10%MF Jewel
    Shield 1: Head Hunter's Glory w/ 3x Perfect Fire Facets Die (+15%Fire Damage, -15% Fire Resist)
    Weapon 2: Call to Arms--Crystal Sword
    Shield 2: Lidless Wall
    Amulet: Tal Rasha's Adjudication
    Ring 1: The Stone of Jordan
    Ring 2: The Stone of Jordan
    Gloves: Magefist
    Belt: Tal Rasha's Fine-Spun Cloth
    Boots: War Traveler

Charms: 1 Gheed's, 24 SC's of Good Luck some with Prefixes (I'm not really sure if this is accurate, but since I can't remember using Fire Skillers I assume I had MFSC's instead).

Merc Jemali (Holy Freeze Merc)
    Helm: Guillaume's Face
    Armor: Duress Archon Plate
    Weapon: Eth Reaper's Toll (before I punched a hole)

Gaming Experience:
    Contrary to what others claim about Fire-based builds, I didn't have too much trouble with her, except for one occasion: Hell Diablo. Obviously, I was the merc who dealt with all the Fire immunes I can't telepass, with some help from Static Field when necessary. Hell Ancients might have to be re-spawned, I can't remember for sure how many times.
    My sole purpose on making her is to run Andy for some trinkets. Not that I need more jewelries, but just to have another MF-diversion/target and jewelries are good for trading. But I wasn't able to do that ever since I completed her.
    I still have another quest to finish that requires continuous HF pounding. :grin:
    Leveled her through Pindle runs, which are quite fast, specially when I re-equipped her.

Patriarch Beethoven--Fire Claw Bear
    Character name : Beethoven
    Character type : Druid
    Character level : 81
    Character exp : 764389791

Strength : 85
    Energy : 20
    Dexterity : 95
    Vitality : 265
    Stat Points Rem : 30
    Skill Points Rem: 2

Life : 1630 / 715
    Mana : 491 / 180
    Stamina : 634 / 404

Skills (Hardpoints Invested):
    Elemental--20 Firestorm, 20 Molten Boulder, 20 Meteor, and 20 Fissure. (+6 to all from gears)
    Shape-Shifting--20 Fire claw, 1 each for Lycanthropy, Werewolf, Werebear, Feral Rage, and Maul. (+6 to all from gears)
    Summoning--1 each for Raven, Spirit Wolf, Oak Sage, Dire Wolf, Grizzly. (+5 to all from gears)

Fire Claw Damage: 6539--7316

Gears
    Helm: Aldur's Stony Gaze w/ 2x +3% Fire Damage -5% Fire Resist Facets
    Armor: Aldur's Deception w/ +4% Fire Damage -5% Fire Resist Facet
    Weapon 1: Aldur's Rhythm w/ 3x Shaels
    Shield 1: Stormshield w/ +25% Lightning Resist -15% Req Rare Jewel (with some other mods)
    Switch: Naj's Puzzler
    Amulet: Mara's Kaleidoscope (+28% Resist All)
    Ring 1: Raven Frost
    Ring 2: Carrion Wind
    Belt: String of Ears
    Boots: Aldur's Advance
    Gloves: Wraith Claw
    Heavy Gloves
    Defense: 5
    Durability: 14 of 14
    Required Level: 35
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 85
    Fingerprint: 0x6fdcf691
    +8 to Dexterity
    Fire Resist +30%
    Cold Resist +23%
    Poison Resist +27%
    20% Increased Attack Speed
    Poison Length Reduced by 25%​

Backpack: Nothing I can remember aside from the TP Tome/ ID Tome, and Keys.

Merc Alhizeer (Blessed Aim Merc) -- I don't know why I used this merc type...
    Helm: Guillaume's Face
    Armor: Duress Archon Plate
    Weapon: Eth Reaper's Toll (before I punched a hole)

Gaming Experience:
    I intended this build to replace my original Aldur's Druid (a Wind Druid of some sort).
    I though the original was already the suckiest Druid build I can make, with all the wrong skill placements and whathaveyou. But I have to say, this build just lowered my respect for Druids even more.
    Maybe it's the gears, but what can I do?! I'm stuck with them because it won't be Aldur's Druid otherwise.
    Maybe I'm just plain stupid when it comes to Droods.
    Or maybe...whatever.
    I just abhor Druids.
    I'll try a Wolf next time and see how that goes, but that will take awhile to complete cause most likely I'll find a better build to do.

Ok, now I'm done with the rant, here's the actual gaming experience...
    It sucked that I have to do a few swings just to kill some FI critters just outside Hell A1 town.
    It's good if the swing is fast, at least that won't bore me.
    I just hurried with the leveling so I can use the teleport stick and telepass whenever I can.
    I can't remember any tough spot, but then again I telepass most of the game, right?!
    The only good thing about it was it's solid build.
    Sure, I died a couple of times, but mainly due to random continuous TP.
    Otherwise, the build withstood enough battering.
    That's it. Nothing more to this build.

Thanks for reading! :smiley:
    Comments, suggestions, mistakes, rants, whatever, are always welcome. :flowers:

--maxgerin

2. Neksja

Neksja IncGamers Member

Re: Double Pat/Mat Thread: Burning Builds (Fire Claw Bear and Pure Fire Sorc)

wow, you have a druid with 20 hard points in meteor :shocked: :wink3:

congrats for both of them, happy to read about aldur's firedruid, have planned/geared one already, but not started yet.

3. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

Congratulations on both of them. :flowers:

I admire your patience with them both. I currently have a fireclaws druid who I got to act 2 hell by hiding behind a LFzon. He is untwinked and I know that's part of the problem but the snail like attack speed is awful. (I'm hitting eight frames with a fools war sword of quickness shaeld). How did you find the crowd control was one point in Grizzly enough?

At least using Aldurs set you didn't need much strength so your life must be a decent level when shifted.

4. Swiller

Swiller IncGamers Member

Congrats max! It seems like you have written a new mat/pat thread everytime I sign on.

So really, you didn't have too many troubles with the pure fire sorc? How did you handle all the FIs in the Chaos Sanctuary?

Again, nice work on both!

5. maxgerin

@ Neksja: Thanks!

That's what I get for writing a Doubles thread. :tongue:
    Good luck with yours, I hope you have more patience than I did with it.
    If not, just use the teleporter staff and be done with it. :grin:

@ Thy: Thanks! :smiley:

I really don't know how others can say that Fire Claw Bears are good yadayada... I must be really a bit slow on the playing droods or something. All I remember about it is how I hate it.

And one point in Grizzly is enough in my experience. Not that I remember relying on the Griz that much, but when I do bother to cast it, it seemed to hold enough. But when it dies I just let it be, don't bother casting again until much later. And Reaper's the main crowd control. If I discovered Delirium earlier it might have been better.

Indeed, decent life and good tanking with the bulk of the stat points going to Vita.

@ Swiller: Thanks! :smiley:

Not really new chars, just reporting them now.
    I kinda promised to post about the Aldur's Fire Claw Druid.
    I just included the Fire Sorc since I haven't posted about it.

Not much, at least to the extent that I expected.
    It was the merc who dealt with those while I deal with the OK, iirc.
    OK's were really the only problem in CS, had to revive the merc several times while questing there.

--maxgerin

6. NagisaFurukawa

NagisaFurukawa IncGamers Member

Congrats!

Comments.
    1) That's a lot of damage.... too bad it's all fire. x).
    2) I can't believe you would throw facets into Aldur's. T_T.
    3) FC Bears are yucky, but they're quite good untwinked (only need IAS weapon, and have access to SHOCKWAVE!!)

7. Cygnus

Cygnus IncGamers Member

Good to see another Aldur's build :grin: But those facets are definitely overkill. Impressive damage, but for some reason I thought fully synergized fireclaws did about 15k damage o.0

8. maxgerin

@ Nagisa: Thanks! :smiley:

(1) And some physical, for the FC Druid. But it's too low to deal with the FI.
    (2) I was thinking along the lines: "every bit would help". I can't see where else I can use my Facets, and I hate using non-perfect Facets for good builds so I "wasted" it with the Aldurs.
    (3) YUCKY INDEED! They look UGLY, definitely lacks class and finesse. :tongue:
    Hopefully Bear lovers won't burn me at stake for saying that.

@ Cygnus: Thanks! You made one before I posted mine. :smiley:

It could go higher, mine don't have points in Volcano so it lacks one synergy. But 15K?! With a different gear set-up and skillers, maybe. But with only pure hardpoints in Volcano, I doubt it. :tongue:

--maxgerin

9. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Congratulations on the Pat & Mat.
    Your write up on the Aldur's Fireclaws bear makes me even less enthusiastic to start mine. I have only got as far as naming and making a character so far, he hasn't even made it out of the Rogue Camp yet.
    But Driuds aren't all bad - wolves are pretty good fun, and I think a properly equipped FC bear at 4FPA could be fun.

10. maxgerin

@ maxicek: Thanks! :smiley:

I hope I didn't discouraged you so much that you won't continue with your build.
    I'm sure I'm just ill-equipped, knowledge-wise, when it comes to Druids.
    And seeing Cygnus' build, I'm thinking that if I went with Wolf over Bear, maybe it might have been more fun.
    Honestly, I was thinking that FC is a Bear-only skill.
    I'm sure I've read about it, but it failed to stick to my mind.
    So I guess I'm really not a good basis for Druid builds. :rolleyes:

I hope you push through with yours, and have a better gaming experience than I did.
    Good luck! :smiley:

--maxgerin