Doomsday Cometh!!

D2 NPC Popularity Poll

• Deckard Cain - Free ID FTW

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Tyrael - Doesn't actually get anything done himself, but patronizes you. "Praise the Light!"

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Charsi - Here's an elite armor. Now give me 35K, b****.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Jerhyn - This guy's LOADED. Probably uses HR's as paperweights.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Ormus - "You now speak to Ormus."

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Asheara - She's the Merc person in A3 who goes about half-naked.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Hadriel - The dude's just standing there and needs some love.

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Larzuk - Need moar socketz.

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • The random, unnamed barbarian who's always cooking something in southern Harrogath.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Misc.

Votes: 6 9.2%

• Total voters

grimreaperofsouls

Diabloii.Net Member
Doomsday Cometh!!

:scratch: So which way will this ugly world end? I think apolcolypse
Edit : by destroyed i mean the Earth and all existence as we know it comes to naught.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
The planet? Swallowed by the sun in its Red Giant stage, millions (hundreds of millions? Billions? I forget, it was a lot anyway) of years from now.

But of course there's all sorts of technicalities, what exactly do you consider "destroyed"? Cf: that destroying the earth website.

Carino

Diabloii.Net Member
The planet? Swallowed by the sun in its Red Giant stage, millions (hundreds of millions? Billions? I forget, it was a lot anyway) of years from now.

But of course there's all sorts of technicalities, what exactly do you consider "destroyed"? Cf: that destroying the earth website.
What he said. When the sun turns into a Red Giant it will raise the temperature on earth such that all the oceans will evaporate and life as we know if will end! I think its supposed to happen in about ~5 billion years, I forget.

Or mankind blows itself to shreds with a nuclear war, meh.

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
Man goes to war over the impending apocalypse, during said war, certain countries will use outlawed weapons which will get environmentalists complaining about the impending doom of global warming. As a final Act the major players in the war launch all of their ICBM's at each other.

With the mass destruction on the surface of the planet killing everyone, a lone missile leaves Earth's orbit and destroys a oncoming Asteroid which would've killed everyone on the planet anyways.

Then 5 billion years from now the Sun will expand and truly destroy the planet Earth.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't believe in the apocolypse. Call me a humanist if you will, but I think mankind can band together and face any of those threats if need be.
There's also no way global warming, nukes, or a massive asteroid will kill every single human. All it takes is a few hundred rich fertile people and a bunker to prevent that. The sun expanding? Come on, you don't think humanity will have colonized more planets in 3.5 billion years? I doubt you'd be able to tell what a human is in that time frame.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
Oh, are we talking about the survival of the human race? Well, we're pretty hardy, we're like a virus. I doubt we'll manage to wipe ourselves out (it's a possibility though), but we sure could make it miserable for ourselves without much special effort.

kobold

Banned
I didn't answer the poll as I doubt the human race will cease to exist entirely. I do think that it is entirely possible that society as we know it will stop.

In the short term (say the next 100 years), I think that the most pressing problems that we as humans need to address are global warming and potable water. If the fish stocks collapse, as has been predicted to happen within 50 years or so, the oceanic ecosystems are pretty much ****ed. Along with the people that rely on the ocean to provide their main protein.

Couple that with a rising water level, the amount of people that would be displaced by a significant increase.

Yeah, yeah, doom and gloom. But then this is the doomsday thread.

skihard

Banned
If global warming got to the point where all ice caps and snow everywhere melted we still wouldn’t have major floods. Only 2.38% of the earths water is in ice caps & snow, if that melted we would lose coast lines or more correctly they would change, and areas near major ocean feeding rivers would change but there would still be a lot of unflooded land.

We would still have rain water, and surface /ground water providing fresh water supplies. As far as the fish being wiped out, I agree that if people are allowed to fish as much as they want with no regard to the world supply then a problem will result but in the US and its surrounding waters limits are in place. We just need the rest of the world to agree to and follow similar limits.

I've always been of the opinion that even if there was a nuclear war/comet, there would always be some people left. I'm voting for the sun.

Ski - Why the hell did you have to ruin your 'tar with that man in there?

pancakeman

Diabloii.Net Member
It will only be the Sun. It is the only force that could completely destroy the planet. Period.

Humankind? If we follow Hawking's advise, we will be gone by the time any comet comes along, and nuclear war can't kill everyone.

PS: Where is Durf/poing/beer? I'm serious people, I thought that was mandatory. So confusing, the OTF is.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
It will only be the Sun. It is the only force that could completely destroy the planet. Period.

Humankind? If we follow Hawking's advise, we will be gone by the time any comet comes along, and nuclear war can't kill everyone.

PS: Where is Durf/poing/beer? I'm serious people, I thought that was mandatory. So confusing, the OTF is.
You don't think we'll have anything capable of destroying the earth within 3.5 (or is it 4.5?) billion years? We went from guns to nukes in a few hundred.