Doom worth it for blizzard sorc merc?

baket

Diabloii.Net Member
Doom worth it for blizzard sorc merc?

Would a doom polearm be worth it on a blizzard sorc?, the - cold resistance

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
1) The -% resist will apply only to the one wielding the weapon (ie. the merc, not your sorc)
2) Sorcs already have more than enough -% resist from Cold Mastery.

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
conviction breaks very few cold and fire immunes, it works best with light immunes.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
straight blizzard is normally all about MFing with fairly cheap gear. I'd either go full tals or occy, shako, skullders, etc. You should have decent damage and -enemy cold resistance already.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
for a blizzard sorc merc you could use just about anything. Infinity won't help you much (as already discussed) and I don't think that you'd have any mana problems that would necessitate on Insight polearm.

You could go doom with a might/defiance merc if you wanted or I always like a good eth obediance. Reapers Toll, Tomb Reaver or Bonehew (all eth if possible) probably round out the top end choices.

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
for a blizzard sorc merc you could use just about anything. Infinity won't help you much (as already discussed) and I don't think that you'd have any mana problems that would necessitate an Insight polearm.

You could go doom with a might/defiance merc if you wanted or I always like a good eth obediance. Reapers Toll, Tomb Reaver or Bonehew (all eth if possible) probably round out the top end choices.

*edit. oops - how did I do that? please delete the 2nd post

MageChick

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Infinity (or Insight or any other aura type item) is different. It isn't actually giving you the spell. You can't turn the conviction on or off by selecting a different spell can you? On one hand it would be kinda nice to up the conviction, but if it were a true oskill then you'd have to make it an active spell (on right or left click) and that would kinda limit you.

Infinity reads: level 12 conviction aura when equiped
where other spell items read: +3 to XXX skill

Jackson

Diabloii.Net Member
For a pure cold sorc, you'd like some weapon that will help you against Cold-immunes. Since Infinity doesn't help that much, I'd recommend stronger ones. I guess an Ethereal Doom would work ok... with the extra-but-not-needed HF and high damage.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Immortal_King said:
I always thought it did. The arreat summit page on oskills is what I went by and that said it does.
Auras granted by wearing an item are not consider to be oskills.