doom with rabies druid?

ekorren

Diabloii.Net Member
doom with rabies druid?

Hi, im going to make a rabies druid and i was wondering what weapon to use. only played fury before so im new at this rabies thing :).
so i wondered if doom is a good choice?
or should i go for another weapon?

//ekorren

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Ebotd ba would be my choice. Since it offers damage, range, speed and its one handed. Grief would be more damaging, but since you focus on one hit, the range is better here...
Use the switch trick with a dweb and a poison facet monarch.
Bite - switch - switch back - run/walk.

pedu

Diabloii.Net Member
Some think that a plague bearer would be good too. But i think its too slow too. You get the most rabies damage with it, but i dont think its worth it. EBotD ba still gets my vote...

stoutewolf

Diabloii.Net Member
pedu said:
Some think that a plague bearer would be good too. But i think its too slow too. You get the most rabies damage with it, but i dont think its worth it. EBotD ba still gets my vote...
hits to slow indeed

sablast

Diabloii.Net Member
for rabies only, I would use fools ba of quickness, with two shaels (6 fpa) or shael and um (7 fpa, like botd) in it. As a matter of fact I use it. That's against melee, of course

NokturnaL

Diabloii.Net Member
everyone always says doom is too slow but doesn't the holy freeze make up for that? i mean sure you're attacking slow, but so is your opponent, plus their r/w is slowed.

TheBassman

Diabloii.Net Member
sablast said:
for rabies only, I would use fools ba of quickness, with two shaels (6 fpa) or shael and um (7 fpa, like botd) in it. As a matter of fact I use it. That's against melee, of course
Ebotd BA is a frame 5 fury weapon...

ToThePoint

Diabloii.Net Member
LesClaypool said:
Ebotd BA is a frame 5 fury weapon...
yeah but they are talking rabies here and OP never mentions using fury.
perhaps he would be better off with hybrid but seems not to be his choice.

pugilist

Banned
I don't think it matters how fast rabies hits. using doom gives you some skills and slows people from chasing you. better than getting a little faster and using something you will never use to full effectiveness like a botd.

doom great pole axe is another thought.

Valvolux

Diabloii.Net Member
pugilist said:
I don't think it matters how fast rabies hits.
Guessing you haven't played a Rabies druid in awhile then, attack speed is vital. What’s the point of having 70k+ Rabies damage if you're in block/fhr animation constantly, or a caster has teleported away long before you land a bite.

8fps just doesn't cut it pvp.