Doom runeword question.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
It has -cold res, right?
If so, yes it can. But its hard to break immunities. If the resist is over 100%, the -res mod only works by 1/5 of its value. (-20 to cold res will result in -4 to cold res, if the target has over 100%)
But theoretically, yes, you can break immunities

hulla-hop

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
It has -cold res, right?
If so, yes it can. But its hard to break immunities. If the resist is over 100%, the -res mod only works by 1/5 of its value. (-20 to cold res will result in -4 to cold res, if the target has over 100%)
i think youre wrong on this one...iirc only conviction aura and lower res curse can take away immunities...the -res found on several items works like a coldsorcs mastery which doesnt remove immunities

Dawnmaster

Diabloii.Net Member
LorveN said:
It has -cold res, right?
Actually, that is incorrect, the only 2 options that can break/remove an immunity are conviction and lower resist.

You're right about the 1/5 part though.

EDIT: typed too slow...

EDIT2: btw, if cold mastery could break cold immunity, I'd be godly with my orb/es sorc :lol: decimating every creep (safe for the ones with 1000 cold res) that walks the earth of battle net :rolleyes: