Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Doom runeword on Zealot

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Quixotic, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Quixotic

Quixotic IncGamers Member

Doom runeword on Zealot

I'm making a Zealot pally (this after trying and failing/messing up two Avengers and a Tesladin) and I'm wondering about the feasibility of using the doom runeword in something like a berserker axe (elite war axe). I really like that +2 to skills, not to mention the average 350%ed and 35%ias and all the other good mods on there.

I haven't seen anyone recommending the use of this kind of weapon for a Zealot, though, so I was wondering if there was some reason for that.

Aside from that I had a couple build questions for a Zealot.

First off, is there any other skill that someone would recommend aside from Holy Shield (after maxing Zeal, Fanaticism, and Sacrifice). I was thinking maybe putting some points into Redemption. Getting that high enough could mean a lot of damage from Sacrifice (when combined with Fanaticism). Something like 1200+%ed? With a decent weapon that could total well over 10k per hit (more if you put enough into strength).

Last question (I promise) is there any problem with putting enough into strength to get up to 200 (and thus the extra damage that comes from that). I was getting tired of having a horrible minimum damage with my other pallys so I'm trying to squeeze as much power out of this guy as possible without sacrificing too much in the survivability department.

Any input at all would be appreciated.

2. tydon

tydon IncGamers Member

You will end up with alot of + strength items on most pallies, my pally has rougly +60 str from items. He has 175 base str, does 4k with stormlash, and I seem to do fine anywhere with him.

3. knuckle_sammich

knuckle_sammich IncGamers Member

My zealot had a doom berzerker axe, it was great. Nothing like having fana and holy freeze at the same time. Be warned, it is VERY EXPENSIVE to repair.

4. Killfrenzy

Killfrenzy IncGamers Member

i am currently using a doom zerker on my zealot. It is kicking some serious back! Im killing at a quite reasonable rate even in 8 player games! plus that holy freeze is a godsend for A: chasing down stuff that runs B: reducing the effectiveness of hard hitting melee monsters.

However a warning. you will be hated in pvp games if you use a doom...

5. slam

slam IncGamers Member

My planned and in progress zealot build (currently level 70) is:
    20 zeal
    20 sacrifice
    20 fanaticism
    7 holy shield
    10 resist cold
    10 resist fire
    10 resist lightning
    1 vengeance
    1 conviction
    this will = 110 skill points. likely i won't play that far but it's better to plan for it incase.

what it gives me with guardian angel is 95% in all resists as 10 in resist aura = +5 max resistance. the 7 left over for holy shield is more than enough with +skills.

i haven't seen many people suggesting this but i am personally very excited to fully try it out as i think it will work great

6. Pent

Pent IncGamers Member

doom = pvm
    famine = pvp

7. OpiuTry_OnE

OpiuTry_OnE IncGamers Member

o_O y bother using doom for pvm... u r forced to repair every few mins o_O

8. wisedoor

wisedoor IncGamers Member

Why?
    BOTD is such a cheap weapon that can be compared to ITH. If they wanna get cheap with BOTD, i get cheap with DOOM.

BOTD = weapon that destroyed DII balance.

9. KingHookJaw

KingHookJaw IncGamers Member

If this is for PvM, Doom is a real good choice.

However, another alternative for PvM is the Eternity runeword in a superior etheral Scourge.

I have used both of these weapons, and I'll take an Eternity Scourge any day over a Doom Zerker. Just my opinion though...