Doom Axe + Beast Axe Frenzy Barb?

somewhatdamaged99

Diabloii.Net Member
Doom Axe + Beast Axe Frenzy Barb?

Would this be a good build? I am tempted to try it, due to the holy freeze and fanatacism auras

My eth BOTD war pike barb does well enough in hell but i am thinking of trading it for the above 2 axes (worth it?)

thx

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
It's really, really fun, though the damage is a good deal lower than dual BotD barbs, and the repair costs kinda suck =/

It's still really fun to goof around with though :D

-Hal

JCX

Diabloii.Net Member
I dream about those axes for my frenzier. Some day. Dual BOTD is just a fantasy. I imagine the monsters would drop dead when they see you coming.

Pavtaia

Diabloii.Net Member
JCX said:
I dream about those axes for my frenzier. Some day. Dual BOTD is just a fantasy. I imagine the monsters would drop dead when they see you coming.
Unfortunately, they don't. :)

mcm

Banned
2c

I still rate schaefers as the best pvm weapon for a frenzy barb, using one of these and a beast weapon (caduceus for barb with mace mastery) is devastating for monster packs, and a 5 frame attack is possible with only 15% ias on non-weapon items with a level 24+ frenzy and the level 9 fanat that you get from beast. Beast and Doom for a frenzy barb would make more sense in a PVP environment however, particularly for an anti-caster barb (where shields mean nothing.)

Frenzied Bovine

Diabloii.Net Member
I would suggest a double swing build instead. Beast's Fanaticism plus the natural speed of Doom/Beast zerker axes would grant your barb maximum double swing speed without any IAS at all. This frees up the rest of your gear for life, resists, skills, etc.