Don't you just love the feeling you get when you finally solved a hard problem?

5Ws

Banned
Don't you just love the feeling you get when you finally solved a hard problem?

Call me a dork, nerd all you want, but I love the feeling you get when you spend 2 hours, or even days in some of my cases, and you finally get the right answer?
Just spent a whole afternoon on a Linear Algebra question, and finally got it...granted not a Sunday well spent, but I'm feeling top of the world right now.

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
i had that feeling myself to, when i finally i could wash my hair without help for the first time in 4 weeks

5Ws

Banned
SuggestiveName said:
What was the question, I enjoy linear algebra.

And I do love the feeling when a problem or proof finally clicks.
Had to do with Gaussian Elimination and the Reduced Row Echelon Form.

5Ws

Banned
Tor said:
no i dont get a feeling of yay

i get a feeling of "****, 20 more of these to do"
Actually I get that too, it's a constant cycle of "Goddamn this is hard! WTF!"-->"YEAH!!! SWEET, I got it!"-->"Awww S***, another one..."

Stevinator

Diabloii.Net Member
Linear algebra

\\\\\\\\\|/
```(o) (o)
``(c..... \
..........=
....|
<my head> EDIT: it got squished so I added the dots to keep it right :)

Notice the linear algebra well over my head.
I didn't even like calc. Though, understanding derivatives made my life much easier in the long run.

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Hard day's night

I just love the feel of knowing that all your efforts were not in vain. I've been known to waste hours on a project that ended up going nowhere (usually, this refers to my vain efforts to figure out how to do my taxes). I once had a difficult medical case (it was a practice case) that took me the better part of a day to figure out but once I did, I felt great.

psyadam

Diabloii.Net Member
SuggestiveName said:
Math > you. Apologize to the great minds you have insulted.
Here is a math problem for you. A riddle if you will:

Does there exist a simple graph with five vertices of these degrees? If so, draw such a graph.

a) 3, 3, 3, 3, 2
b) 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
c) 1, 2, 3, 4, 4
d) 3, 4, 3, 4, 3
e) 0, 1, 2, 2, 3
f) 1, 1, 1, 1, 1