Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

don't you guys love the forums?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Rice_Farmer3, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

don't you guys love the forums?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but i just wanted to tell you how much i appreciate being in here.
    this place is unusually friendly for an online community.
    i see some little disputes every now and then, but i think they are nothing compared to what happens with almost every other person you talk to on
    B-net. In here you can talk to other ppl who play the same game you do, and get your questions answered that you were to embarrassed to ask on B-net.
    sometimes i find this place more welcomming than the game it self especially when i just did my 200th andy run for an soj and i have just found my 68th manald heal.
    i kinda feel like a geek writing this but i cant help it the forums are awesome.
    I hope i dont get banned for posting this on the General Strategy form LOL

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I agree with you, these boards are surprisingly peaceful for an online community. I think we can thank not only the members but the moderating team for that.

Perhaps the Community board would have been better, but I cannot see you getting banned for this positive post!

Good luck with Andariel and your quest for the Stone of Jordan.

(Make sure you're running Nightmare Andariel because she has the best odds.)

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I agree completely with you....why not become a pal and support this site:)
    It's well worth it, I'm only a silver pal but even then Pindle drops a Windforce every time!!! not to mention all the beautiful women...

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

You are safe. Mods and admins are very susceptible to compliments. BTW, pals have a number of free insults to throw at mods before getting banned: Bronze - 1, Silver - 2, Gold - 4, Platinum - 8. I'm not sure about the exact numbers, however.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You forgot to mention that some of the insults are more or less inside jokes...and are more or less unlimited ;)

6. krischan

So my insult regarding the Dell catalog doesn't count, right ?

7. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

That's a load of **** and you know it. And inside jokes my left kidney gorny.

More acurately: SOME people can insult the mods and its a joke, others get banned. The distintion is arbitrary and has nothing to do with pal-ness. Maybe I'm just bitter because someone decided that I was a marked man and I can't so much as say poopy without getting a pm threatening to ban me. *sigh* and I used to heart the mods so much.

*Ducks ban-stick yet again*

8. krischan

I'm not interested at all into a discussion about where irony ends. What did end with your posting was the fun part of this thread. If your posting was meant in a humorous way, then you made it very hard to notice. Writing something like "ducks ban-stick yet again" isn't really something like an irony marker, it's more like saying "I know that I might have crossed a border with my posting".

I don't think my posting can be understood as a kind of insult or as a display of 1337-ness, just because I can afford to make a donation from time to time. I don't consider myself as being a member of some special club just because I'm a pal. It's just that I post a lot here, and people might know my sense of humor.

I guess that's the end of my active presence in this thread.

9. SkatterBone

SkatterBone IncGamers Member

10. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Yah it is nice here. I've always liked this forum, but never tried to become a regular since there are so many people with 500-2000+ posts, and it would probably take forever to make friends/become known around here.

Thats why I usually become regulars on smaller forums. I recently got banned from my regular forum unfairly (See my ip topic in the off topic forum), and by the looks of it, they will just keep me banned instead of going through the trouble of listening to my pleas.

So I geuss I'll just become a regular here.

11. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

lets all drink to that :drink: :drink: :drink:

12. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

I agree. These forums are an excellent resource. I would say that's because of the excellent community that has developed. Way to go everyone.