Don't raise your kids in Canada, you'll get arrested or sued.

Johnny

Banned
hah the person who wrote the article did'nt even try to seem unbiased.

Heck the later 70% of the article has nothing to do with the case and is just a rant on family vallues.

It was'nt the court against daddy. It was the mother, daughter and court against him. if you want to raise kids anywhere try Iran. Neither the mother or daughter has a saying there so it should suit you just fine.

Kevin William Cox

Diabloii.Net Member
The Mother and daughter are one thing, but the court? Nah... that's bull. A court should not interven in a case like this. The Father set the ground rules, for when she was with him, she broke them and got what she deserved, case closed. This sounds more like a case of the mom having beef than anything else. The girl couldn't have brought this to court by herself. The mother, obviously, help her for some other reason.

Once divorced, Father of five.

Kev

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member
On the surface, it's basically a mother using her child in a ploy against the father... but the legal ramifications are just crazy. I wonder if Canada will reach a point where liberals will start claiming they'll flee to Mexico next time a conservative is elected President.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member
What blows my mind is, you can't spank your kids to teach correct behavior anymore but mutilation of the infant boys genitals or the girls ears for purely cosmetic reasons is just fine. Wheres the sense in that?

Johnny

Banned
What blows my mind is, you can't spank your kids to teach correct behavior anymore but mutilation of the infant boys genitals or the girls ears for purely cosmetic reasons is just fine. Wheres the sense in that?
That's tradition under a fasad of legitimate research.

bladesyz

Diabloii.Net Member
hah the person who wrote the article did'nt even try to seem unbiased.

Heck the later 70% of the article has nothing to do with the case and is just a rant on family vallues.

It was'nt the court against daddy. It was the mother, daughter and court against him. if you want to raise kids anywhere try Iran. Neither the mother or daughter has a saying there so it should suit you just fine.
The father had custody. The 12-yo daughter posted pictures of herself on the internet. Father tries to punish her by disallowing internet. When that didn't have much effect, he grounds her and forbids her to go on her school field trip. Daughter slams the door behind her and goes to live with her mother. Father still forbids her from going on field trip. Daughter takes dad to court. And wins.

I don't think you have to be very biased to be incensed by the absolute ridiculousness of this case.

And to those people who think the mother is behind her, I think the kid is a manipulative little b*tch who's playing her parents against each other. Remember that this family has a 10 year long history of divorce stalemate. The girl is only 12. She probably grew up learning that if you can't get something from one parent, just go to the other. Of course, the mother is a complete douchebag for allowing her daughter to go to court over this in the first place.

And the judge who claims that she only had the child's best interest in her heart... Apparently, she thinks an elementary school field trip is more important than a problem child learning some discipline.

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member
It's interesting that Western civilization believes male circumcision should be the norm (science text books often show a "normal penis" and "uncircumcised penis" instead of "normal penis" and "circumcised penis") but consider female circumcision horribly barbaric.

My wife and I believe in genital integrity. We also have NOT pierced our daughter's ears.

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
It's interesting that Western civilization believes male circumcision should be the norm (science text books often show a "normal penis" and "uncircumcised penis" instead of "normal penis" and "circumcised penis") but consider female circumcision horribly barbaric.
Well there's a pretty big difference in how they are actually carried out and what their final effects are. And when it is done.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member
By a % more often, Some of the time both get it the first time.
Not a idea I would want to bet my life on Vanya.

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

My wife and I believe in genital integrity. We also have NOT pierced our daughter's ears.
Good for you! Everyone should make there own choices.
I feel very isolated on this issue, then again I had no choice, and my father, son, and grandson are uncircumcised.
So perhaps I have issues...
But unlike most people I hear crying about issues they have from birth, I think the fact that societal norms when I was born dictated that A CHUNK OF MY PENIS WAS CUT OFF is relatively significant.
Yet I can't sue anyone, and I am told tough luck, Thats the way it is.
So as far as it goes thats my understanding factor when you tell me about the hardship you are born into due to factors beyond your control.
And in the end "meh" I can live with it, but I do agree its not a perfect world. So don't try and tell me about how bad you have it, cause if HAVING A CHUNK OF YOUR PENIS CUT OFF at birth does not qualify WTF does?

Tanooki

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the #1 reason why nonjewish boys are circumcised is because it's one more bill a hospital can tack onto a pregnancy. Good ol' hospitals - where they treat pregnancy like every other disease.

Anyone who feels the need to make sure their child is circumcised should be forced to watch a video of it being done. Of course, I think the same thing's true of abortion.

Hopefully people with botched circumcisions can sue. There are a lot of cases where something goes wrong and the entire penis has to be removed.

Johnny

Banned
I think the #1 reason why nonjewish boys are circumcised is because it's one more bill a hospital can tack onto a pregnancy. Good ol' hospitals - where they treat pregnancy like every other disease.

Anyone who feels the need to make sure their child is circumcised should be forced to watch a video of it being done. Of course, I think the same thing's true of abortion.

Hopefully people with botched circumcisions can sue. There are a lot of cases where something goes wrong and the entire penis has to be removed.
Stop agreeing with me. Your arguments suck and your examples are crap. You're draging down my side of the issue. If we where climbing a mountain then this is when I cut your rope and keep climbing.

KillerAim

Diabloii.Net Member
BobCox2:
By a % more often, Some of the time both get it the first time.
I'm not sure what your point is here. Every known carcinogen only raises the percentage of your chances of getting cancer. For example, smoking's link to lung cancer is based on a significant increase of lung cancer in a population of smokers when compared to a population of non-smokers (i.e. Relative Risk).