Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dont let you greed get the better of you.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by ButterFace, Apr 6, 2004.

1. ButterFace

ButterFace IncGamers Member

Dont let your greed get the better of you.

I started playing HC about 3 weeks ago, made a meteorb sorc from scratch, Got some starting gear with gems and proceeded to lvl/mf to lvl 85, not bad considering my highest SC character is only **.... Anyway last night I was doing some meph runs in hell. Found a lightsabre from bremm sparkfist, I thought cool first one on hc. Did a few more runs found a SOJ!!! from meph. I thought, you know my luck is pretty good tonight why not a few more. So, do a few more runs kill the council and a set ammy drops, I think crap a cathans or something, id it and its a tals ammy. Know, in about a span of 4 runs i have literally improved my wealth by 100 times. Is that enough...apparently not for me. I mule the soj just in case (thank god) and do some more runs with my new tal ammy. To make an already too long story short, I lagged while teleporting to durance 3 and apparently I tele'd right into the middle of some might aura maulers. Needless to say I didnt last long. So, instead of thanking the d2 gods for the great drops, i got greedy and wanted more, it ended up in the death of my character, now im pondering wheather to keep at it and start a new character or just give it up. Anyway, just remember, dont be so greedy or it will get you killed.....

2. Inu

Inu Banned

NEVER give up HC!! Use that SoJ and start a Chainlightning Sorceress. The funnest class around! You should get the standard crap of Wiz, Storm, Harle fairly easy. Then you can go Hell Arcane Sanctuary leveling her to ** or so. No Lightning immunes ( Except Towers ) and barely any risk at all ( Narrow ways, no surround possibility for monsters ), weak monsters, good exp and you'll find some neat stuff along the way... The best part? At level 85 I got 51 mio ( MILLION!!! ) exp from one solo run in an 8p game!!

NEVER giveup HC!!

3. ButterFace

Thanks for the encouragement. I probably wont give up, I think ill just give it a rest for a week or so and start again. I've been thinking of making a lightning sorc since i have a +3 lightskills with life ammy, but was always worried about how i would kill immunes since i dont have real good merc equipment. And i like the versatility of a meteorb sorc since i play solo mostly and can kill most monsters. You seem to have a good grasp of the trade values, what all can i get from the soj, I know they are worth quite a bit and just need a general estimate as to what all they will bring. I have a few other tradeable also so i shouldnt have too hard of a time reoutfitting a character i just want to get the most out of what i have.

4. Inu

Inu Banned

I've given away all I have but I did find I haven't emptied my merc, so if you play on Europe I could give you the Ethereal unique elite Bardiche ( Bone or so, forgot the name :p ) with 2 AMN, 870 or so damage, a Vampire Gaze, Skullder's Ire, M'avinas Diadem, Wizard spike and some more...

Umm... USE the SoJ ^^ It's a SUPERRING for any Sorceress! =) I quit many months ago ( After the runedupe ) so I don't know trading values anymore...

And a Meteorb can kill everywhere yes, but she's very slow at it... When my Sorceress was fully equipped I would do Pit runs in 2-3 minutes including my merc killing the Light Immunes...

5. ButterFace

Well, unfortunately i play on east, but i appreciate the offer. My thought on trading the soj was to get some good gear to keep me alive this time, my gear before wasnt bad, i had max res and about 7 or 8 to all skills, it just seems that on east hc laddar items are still pretty high, and most people just want high runes that i dont have, and they covet all of their extra uniques too much to trade them for anything but runes. Anyway I think ill play my summon necro and see what he can do and probably start a new sorc in a few days. Thanks again for the offer.