Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Don't let that thread die

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Black_KING, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

Don't let that thread die

"where can u download a program that u can chance lvl and items on your char in singel"
    Don't let that thread die.
    Reasons.
    1. No cheating alowed at all, in single play or multi play.("where can u download a program that u can chance lvl and items on your char in singel" if you nono think the treiners are legit next time ask Blizzard that question). No trainers and no mods. Not here.

2. We are (my apinion) not people who play single play because we are too afraid to go to battle net, much of us can beat allmost evry1 on battle net.
    WE LIKE HERE THIS IS OUR REALIM.

3. Because of the rules, no1 read them when they REGISTER to the forum. That thread will be good example to all what happend and how that happend.
    Rules are here not for breaking they are here to stop anarhy.

2. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

Do let it die.

Reasons:
    1. AE locked it
    2. AE locked it
    3. AE locked it

:)

3. chaos

chaos Diablo: IncGamers Member

Same reason we have a moderator. Stop 'anarhy'. If moderator says stop, let the thread die, we stop. Simple?

4. Shivan

Shivan IncGamers Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Black_KING

Black_KING IncGamers Member

I mean to put that thread in to sticky one, that was my meaning for don't let die.

And this is my sugestion for don't happend again.

6. cloudstride

cloudstride Banned

Actually that's not a bad idea... except people still wouldn't bother to read it :scratch:

7. TekkaZeroX

TekkaZeroX IncGamers Member

I doubt anyone would read it. Why would anyone want to read our rules if they only plan to ask a question, get the answer, and then leave. I really don't think it will help. :scratch:

Although, a sticky that states in bold, "DO NOT ASK FOR EDITORS, CHEATS, BOTS OR HACKS" might do the trick. Personally, I would not be opptimistic that it would work. I do not think there is much we can do to stem the tide of new people asking for cheats or the shady stuff in this forum. Diablo players will still post their own "rational" reasons why it is not cheating and why we need to give them an answer. :grrr:

8. Stargaze

Stargaze IncGamers Member

For all I know, you could have that in 100pt blinking red letters across the whole page and there would still be those to ask. Some people won't learn, some people won't bother to read. Live with that and ignore those posts, that's the best you can do (besides asking AE to close them down).

SG

9. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

lets face it, threads like that are inevitable. we could have the background wallpaper for the forum say "do not ask for info about cheats/hacks" over and over again, and people will still come and ask. the only thing to do is:

1) point out that we can not answer there question, and direct them to www.google.com

2) ask them what sort of questions they have for their build. someone here has probably tried any sort of build they can come up with, so we can probably give them advice without them having to download lvl 99 chars. it is much better to have that thread turn into a discussion of the game/gameplay than to turn it into a flame-fest.

3) follow the advice of Thumper's mom from the Bambi books... "If you can't say nothing nice, don't say nothing at all." meaning that if you have the urge to flame them or make snide comments, fight that urge and say nothing.

4) if they insist on getting an editor, and begin making comments about it "just being single player," then please follow number 3. it is really that simple.

10. AlterEgo

AlterEgo IncGamers Member

I agree with the last few posts.

Every forum has its "frequently asked questions" that simply cannot be avoided. This is one of ours. What's important is how we collectively answer the question.

As for my mod role, I don't like closing threads - I prefer discussion. That's what a forum is for after all. But when a thread starts burning like a fuse stuck into dynamite, it's my job to prevent the explosion. (Maybe an iffy analogy, but all I could come up with... :D )

11. Starving_Poet

Starving_Poet IncGamers Member

"sticky bombs" would be a better analogy :)

Forgive, I just saw Saving Private Ryan again.

[/hijack]