Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Don't EVER purchase Sony Product

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by offline5555, Mar 14, 2004.

1. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

Don't EVER purchase Sony Product

This is so ***. I bought a sony MZ-N510 CK Mini Disc player a while ago and it's just defective and they wont get me a refund/exchange. The problem with it is the lid wont open/close properly. This is just stupid and ***. I hate sony. Guys dont purchase those stupid sony products.

2. Anyee

Anyee IncGamers Member

Your use of the word *** as a term to describe something that is negative and totally unrelated to homosexuality invalidates your complaint. Have a nice day.

3. Akira

Akira Member

i'll be sure never to buy anything from a huge multinational coporation based one instance of a product failing.

4. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

I blame society

5. Freet

Freet IncGamers Member

I'm a Sony authorized repair tech and I'm quite familiar with their warranty.

Only 2 posibilities exist here. Either the player is out of it's warranty period or it was abused.

Blame Sony if you will, but I'm confident we aren't hearing the whole story.

6. GIR

GIR Banned

If everyone did this, Microsoft would go out of business.

7. GIR

GIR Banned

See offline, Sony's watching you. They'll not stand for your anti-Sony propaganda. Freet's informed the Sony HQ, and a rabid iguana is being sent to your home as we speak. He's their eyes and ears in the field.

They pay him in friend chicken for his services.

8. mudvaynefan

mudvaynefan IncGamers Member

i blame durf

9. Suicidal Zebra

Suicidal Zebra IncGamers Member

An armadillo, surely? :scratch:

10. cougar

cougar IncGamers Member

I agree... chicken is always better with friends.

11. Jigga-Scrooge

Jigga-Scrooge IncGamers Member

im eating scrambled eggs

dont tell me my business. ill do what i please.

12. mysnistaken

mysnistaken Banned

Bit impulsive are we..? Does the lid still open and close? or is it stuck altogether? and are you one of those people that MUST have things working perfectly?

13. toader

toader Banned

Um, no it doesnt. His argument is still 100% valid. You may find offense to him using the word in that manner, but it has absolutly nothing to do with his argument. Yay for political correctness, aint it fun.

Sorry your product doesnt work man. Maybe take it to a local Pop's electronic store and see if you can pay someone 20 bucks to fix it or something.

14. Savage

Savage IncGamers Member

If everyone did this, sarcasm would go out of business.

15. Canadia142

Canadia142 Banned

Maybe its not sony you should hate, maybe its the store you bought it from that won't return it eh?

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

\/\/at 15 |_|. T/-\|_k1/\/g /-\b0|_|[email protected]!? 50/\/`/ |2 T3|-| 1337!!!!!!11!!111

17. th5418

th5418 Banned

Somehow, someone out there thinks that with their single opinion of one bad product, I will magically boycott Sony. As if!

18. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

boycotting is hard, I tried to boycott square but then they merged with enix, I like enix, *grumble*

19. offline5555

offline5555 IncGamers Member

I was really pissed at the time of posting the thread. Here's the whole story.
    I purchase the product at London drugs, for only 3 days. I opened the 2nd day and started using it. Everything was fine until the 3rd day, the lid just won't close anymore. It cant close AT ALL, so cant play cant record cant do nothing. I can swear to god i didnt physically abuse it, nor drop it or anything. But they will not exchange/refund me. However, they are sending the product to Sony for a repair. HOWEVER! I may end up having to pay for the charges of labor, shipping, etc. They are saying the product is refundable if it is NOT physically abuse. I told them how can they prove it is physically abuse? They say they can't, so they will let Sony do the job here.
    The following is the policy of london drugs. I am really feeling my customer right is being mistreated. But at the end, i was forced to sign a paper showing that i agree to the shipping to Sony.

The big problem here is that, Sony can say I have physically abuse it and therefore not qualify for the warranty. In another words, they can do WHATEVER they want and probably make me end up paying.

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en-US/Content/CorporateInfo/OurGuarantee

"Satisfaction Guaranteed

Your satisfaction is guaranteed at London Drugs. If any merchandise purchased isn't to your complete satisfaction, return it to any London Drugs store within 15 days in the original packaged condition with proof of purchase for a complete refund, exchange or adjustment to your satisfaction.

Nobody does it better"

I am planning to speak to the supervisor/manager of londondrugs to see if i can work things out. But the word "adjustment" above can kill me. Wish me luck and if there's anything helpful, like finding a very detailed return policy of london drugs would be sincerely appreicated.

PS: sorry about the nonsense at the previous post, i was too pissed off and frustrated about my situation

20. asdf

asdf IncGamers Member

this thread is hilarious... all these things zooming overhead...