Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Dog used as 'bomber'

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Syxx, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Dog used as 'bomber'

http://www.news24.com/News24/World/Iraq/0,,2-10-1460_1711758,00.html

So much for dogs being "Man's Best Friend". I wonder how many *deleted* they are promised when they reach Allah ?

Iraq is really becoming a tick for tack war. Iraqi fanatics kidnap and behead people, the US military torture prisoners in various jails. Iraqi turns to human sucide bombers, so the US military retaliate with indiscriminate bombings taking out civilians as well as milatray targets. Now some Iraqi are strapping explosives to dogs ....

This is the problem with the arguement "... but they started it ... ". Where will it end ?

Regards
    Syxx

(PS Freet : Sorry about avoiding the filter ... but that is what a female dog is called. I am not using the word abusively)

2. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

so? the soviets strapped bombs to dogs and trained them to run under tanks

3. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi Ash,

So ? .... its not right, regardless of who does it for whatever reason.

I think what upsets me the most about this, is that a human suicide bomber at least knows what he's doing. He knows he's going to die. Poor Rover and Fido probably think they are just following their master command, and will get a treat afterwards if they do it right.

Regards
    Syxx ... a dog owner.

4. myleftfoot

myleftfoot IncGamers Member

I guess people & dogs now die during war.

5. Syxx

Syxx IncGamers Member

Hi,

A while back I read a "special mention" on the Darwin Award homepage .... about a couple of blokes who went ice fishing. They drove their 4x4 onto a froozen lake and picked a spot to make a hole in ice. Rather than hack through the ice, they decided to use dynamite. They selected a spot, lit the fuse and throw the dynamite.

Only problem, one of them had taken his retriever dog with them. Dog mistakes thrown dynamite for a game of stick fetching .... and chases after the dynamite and brings it back to 4x4. Both blokes yell for the dog to drop it ... which it finally does by the truck.

KA-BOOOOOM .... and the 4x4 sinks into the newly created hole in the ice. I can't recall what happened to the dog.

Not sure if this was fact or urban legend.

Regards
    Syxx

6. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

if they are lighting and throwing dynamite I'm gonna go with urban(rural?) legend

7. KnightFall

KnightFall IncGamers Member

I guess the Iraqi dogs don't want the Americans in their country any more than the people do...

KnightFall

8. CyberHawk

CyberHawk IncGamers Member

dogs have been dieing in war for along time...this is nothing new.

In WWII Dobermans were used alot to keep watch whilethe soliders sleep in their foxholes. There is even a statue of a Doberman to show our respect for "mans best freinds.
    Actually the words..."Always Faithful " come to mind.

US War Dogs
    Edit..found it right fast.

I always tell my neighbor. "did you name your dog Poncho for a reason? He just gives me a confused look. Thats the name of one of the war dogs that never made it home.

9. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Give that man a C-gar

That's tit for tat, if it makes it through the word filter (ahem). I can't believe you really believe this, but that's your delusion & you're welcome to it. So in your mind, what is the tit for tat thing we're going to do against them? Rape some schoolgirls, I suppose.

Even though I pity the pup, I regard this as fantastic news. They can't find or import any more Arabic slackers, losers, or retards to strap the bomb to, so they're trying to use dogs?

10. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

delusions? & sure you are welcome to your delusions as well.

http://billandkent.com/gallery/abu-gharib-torture-photos
    *warning viewer discretion advised* (blurred but still)

edit:man's best freind is also featured in some of them. :surprise: :rolleyes:

Rik

11. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

I'm not going to click on a filtered thread at work, but you're just as shiite-brained if you think the Abu Graib scandal was some sort of reciprocity for what is currently happening. Linear time and all that.

And if you buy off on the idea that it <was> planned reciprocity (rather than a bunch of dumb-feck reservists who damaged our national image), then you're one of the Kool-Aid crowd that thinks Shrub is simultaneously a cartoonish mad scientist and so stupid that he deliberately scuttled our PR efforts with the scandal.

12. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

if it makes you feel any better,its actually worse if it wasn't.

If I buy *that* I am abc,If I say *this* I am def,If I think *that* I am xyz?-

BLCD There:I am jmervyn now.

Rik

13. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Amazing - you actually caught this particular clue. It was an unmitigated disaster, created by low-level untrained reserve cops and uncaring Gov't contractors, allowed by a lazy reservist General, and enabled by a vaccum of correct guidance from slipshod Executive Branch procedures.

Delusions of grandeur...

14. Darnoc

Darnoc IncGamers Member

I agree, this is great news for the war in Iraq. I dont think the militants realized that by using dogs, it shows they are having a hard time finding people to willingly blow themselves up. The same thing goes for the bombs that have been strapped to vehicles of unknowing drivers; yes these are more dangerous, but the fact that these fanatics are running out of martyrs for their cause definitely shows the progress that's been made there.

15. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

That's an interesting statement. I was just listening to Efren, one of my co-workers who I just found out yesterday is an ex-marine. He just spoke with his cousin who is a marine stationed in Fallujah and he said that the overwhelming majority of the public they are dealing with there are very happy and thankful that the U.S is there. He went as far to say that the citizens there love Americans. Of course, this doesn't include the insurgents. He said that the U.S. soldiers know it is dangerous and not the best situation due to insurgents, but they love doing what they are doing there in helping the people and country move forward.

As I have said in other threads here, you can choose to believe all the negative media "war-monger" news if you like, but it doesn't always mean it is accurate. ;)

16. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

PFFTTT! How dare you quote secondhand personal observations (of the same sort I've been given)! BLCD BLCD BLCD!! It's a QUAGMIRE - Teddy says so, therefore it must be true!

In reality, I don't fancy the Iraqis getting hooked on US Defense $$ any more than I like the Japanese doing it. At some point, we need to at least be pulled out of the patrolling duties and simply encamped on the two hostile national borders. Turkey certainly isn't as likely to invade...

17. Ranger14

Ranger14 IncGamers Member

A few weeks ago I also posted links and media sources saying the same type of thing. They seemed to be ignored and passed over. I agree we can't be over there forever. I do believe that when it is all said and done, the Iraqi people will be happier.

18. jmervyn

jmervyn IncGamers Member

Well of course they were ignored. Hell, I put up an entire thread about more worthwhile scandals to talk about. BLCD is much easier, and doesn't involve anything difficult like thinking.

As for happiness, much of the Shia and Kurd populations are probably happy as piggies in mud (don't tell them I said that). They don't need to worry {quite as much} about some Sunni jerkwad taking them away at night & so forth. And they have a fairly decent chance of not having to worry much at all in a few years.

For all the insurgents' desire to provoke a civil war, it seems like the Iraqis are being quite, well, civil. I suspect that these terrorists were projecting their own passions on the Iraqis, and are thoroughly pissed that they won't just rise up and destroy their future...

19. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

So once the dog population becomes decimated what will be next, suicide flying squirrels? "Oh my god it's a bird, it's a plane, it's a squirrel?" *BOOM*.

20. raffster

raffster IncGamers Member

My biggest fear is that they will use children (3-10 years old) next. They are totally capable of that.