Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Doesn't anybody simply charge anymore?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Pherdnut, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Doesn't anybody simply charge anymore?

It does massive damage. Why no Charger guide? I picked up a superior eth Collossus Sword with 5 sockets that seems suited only for the Death RW which has no IAS. I've been thinking either make a wacky leap attacker barb or go for a straight up 2-Handed Charger with max synergies, Zeal, and Fanatacism to give something interesting to do in PvM after that initial 1-hit kill. Between Highlord's and Death's .5/lvl DS and Gores or Guillaume's I suspect double damage 100% of the time should be pretty easy to achieve. It also has 50% CB which should make boss-killing a breeze with a pair of Gores and Guillaume's to make that 100% too.

What do you guys think? Is there something I don't know about chargers?

2. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

seems like when people charge me i just block it almost 100% of the time.

3. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Yes, it does massive dmg. The problem is if ppl max block then charge has hard time to hit. And whenever u charge, u have back up a little then charge again.

Most ppl only use charge only for faster running. In pvm is even worse cuz charge is a single-target skill and it is suicide to charge into a group monsters. (imagine without a shield)

4. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

pure charger builds can be a nightmare in when played properly. i do 17k one handed with like 97% DS. i kill many 6.5k life barbs in one hit. its a fun build... with pvp pontential... but it takes immense skill, and gear supplement to make it effective. and even then there are some classes you wont be able to touch.

5. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

btw, why not pick a range of 5 wep if ur two-handed. It has more advantage than that collossus sword.

6. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Because it's the only Eth Superior weapon I've ever found and I'll be damned if I don't blow good runes using it only to find the perfect Eth 15% Great Poleaxe the next day. That and I kind of dig the philosophy behind Death and it only works in axes and swords. It seems like it was built with special attacks where IAS is not the prevailing issue like Leap and Charge, but I'm guessing Leap can be blocked too. My original plan was to make one-hit kill bot-blaster. For some reason I had it in my head that charge was one of those attacks that was immune to or at least harder to block. On the other hand it might make for a fun non-shield class killer. Maybe as a swapout with a shield and alternate weapon.

7. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

u can always go with grief.....more dmg, better ability.

Beside, there is no way u can one-hit kill any unqiue monster (espeically the one with stone skin) and boss.

8. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Hmm, regarding death runeword.

Wouldn't an ethereal glorious axe be the dream weapon? Range 4, very high damage. 100% CB and 100% DS along with a 11k-25k (with DS, roughly 3.7k-8.3k, 6k avg PK damage -- enough to hit 3k through max PDR!) charge doesn't sound halfbad. Ponder.

Care to show your setup?