Does your life suck?

The purpose?

• Punishment

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rehabilitation

• Segregating dangerous individuals from the rest of society.

• Options 1,2,3

• Options 1 and 2

• Options 1 and 3

• Options 2 and 3

• Total voters

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
Mine does on occasion. Depends on how much classwork I have to do, and how much freetime I have.

TheAmoeba

Diabloii.Net Member
Right now, I'd have to say yes...breaking up from long term relationships is not fun. That and other stuff...

cyclotronic

Diabloii.Net Member
I can always find something to look forward to, no matter how bad it gets. Theres always something/body that can make me happy. So no, my life does not suck.

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
My life is quite wonderful actually.

I am getting ready to graduate from college, I have a great girlfriend, I have good friends, I have enough money through an easy job, a poker game every Wednesday, sex often enough, easy school work. You just have to look at the positive, and with a negative outlook things are not going to get better by themselves. Feeling down leads to a crappy life.

Omikron8

Diabloii.Net Member
Yaboosh said:
My life is quite wonderful actually.

I am getting ready to graduate from college, I have a great girlfriend, I have good friends, I have enough money through an easy job, a poker game every Wednesday, sex often enough, easy school work. You just have to look at the positive, and with a negative outlook things are not going to get better by themselves. Feeling down leads to a crappy life.
Sometimes i feel like i am the only person on the planet who is NOT blindly optimistic for the sake of being optimistic

Lostprophet

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron said:
Sometimes i feel like i am the only person on the planet who is NOT blindly optimistic for the sake of being optimistic
Pessimism's a dangerous game.

No, my life does not suck. Not everything goes perfectly for me all the time, but people who judge their lives based on only the good parts are only living half of a life anyway.

festers50

Diabloii.Net Member
Though I have had to get a real job after 9 years of playing "crowbar swings" at work, still my life definately doesn't suck.

My life is like a bowl of cherries, sweet but there are a few pits :D

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Vacuum

When I don't get enough sleep, my life seems to suck but in reality, it doesn't. I just feel that it sucks. I have enough going right for me that the wrong of losing sleep seems insignificant by comparison (and as an intern, I won't be getting much sleep anyway so I might as well get used to it now rather than later when it could become a problem).

Jimi-

Diabloii.Net Member
i used to be depressed once, then i found about a wonderfull product called happy pills, so now my life doesnt suck :thumbsup:

Garbad_the_Weak

Diabloii.Net Member
Omikron8 said:
I was in a psychology class as an undergrad and we read about a study on pessimism and optimism. They found pessimists had a more accurate (or realistic) view of the world. IE, pessimism is closer to reality, optimism is really is blindness.

It scared the **** out of me.

Garbad

Necrolestes

Diabloii.Net Member
Circular reasoning: like it or lump it.

I'd say pragmatism is even closer to reality than pessimism (pessimists expect the worst but pragmatists simply expect something to happen based on the available facts). To a pragmatist, a day cannot suck unless you make it suck (that is, you make the world around you a worse place than it was to begin with...based on the way people react to a negative person, your life WILL begin to suck).