Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does war cry stun pvp?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Philoio, Mar 9, 2004.

1. Philoio

Philoio IncGamers Member

Does war cry stun pvp?

Does war cry stun pvp? If so why isn’t it use more? :scratch:

2. Raging_Zealot

Raging_Zealot Diablo: IncGamers Member

Yes. The reason (i think anyway) that it isnt used more in general PvP (singer barbs use it of course, wether PvP or PvM) is that to get an effective stun length, you'd have to devote too many points to it, and you'd be skimping too much in other areas. Even with it and all its synergies maxed for a singer, i believe the pvp singer barbs still have to work to keep their opponent fully stuned, but not having ever seen a pvp singer in action, or played one, that could be wrong.

3. SeraphimSilver

SeraphimSilver IncGamers Member

Anyone running too fast gets out of it easily and then you die, the radius is too small for pvp.

4. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

Also Stun length is cut in 1/4 IIRC in PvP

5. Philoio

Philoio IncGamers Member

At lev 20 it stuns for 4.8 seconds… so that’s 1.2 seconds pvp?

I was thinking of making a crying barb, its possible to get 1000 damage and 7 second stuns. While this build wont have enough manna endurance for pvm would it not do well at pvp? Get close enough and they are ****ed?

6. Herald of Doom

Herald of Doom IncGamers Member

I've seen a singer barb in a duel game, i even duelled him. Ofcourse he didnt have any chance vs a caster or a sorc (he didnt have enigma, but even if he had it, it would have been a though fight). Just because I thought it was cool, I switched from my javazon to my zealot (a bad one) and then to my frenzy barb (better, but still not veyr good). He didnt get hit once, the stun laster long enough to prevent me from getting out. BUT, I had almost no fhr, so anyone with 63fhr or more will easily escape your cries, no matter how much fcr you have. Thats why i said that some casters (the one without fhr) might be beaten by you.

7. Philoio

Philoio IncGamers Member

Sorry to keep on but…

Does war cry interrupt attacks?
    Barbs have a fast casting speed, so with 2 wizard spikes they a dam fast at casting. Together with the stun length wouldn’t this prevent a melee even with lots of fhr from hitting you?
    Don’t know the frame data… how much fhr do you need to avoid being stunlocked?

Thanks for the input guys, don’t want to waste my time if it really wont work…

8. memememe173

memememe173 IncGamers Member

I know in 1.09 with my lvl 41 Warcry I couldn't keep a decent dueler (one that knows about FHR and stuff like that) stunned

9. VoodooCamel

VoodooCamel IncGamers Member

Warcry does stun very well actually, just the damage is quite low on it and it is blockable. The damage is physical so people running around with 50% dr will be a pain to kill.