Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does untwinked = your deads of valor...

Discussion in 'Druid' started by sawse, Feb 27, 2004.

1. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Does untwinked = your deads of valor...

Hello all,

I just just made the switch from softcore non-ladder (where I am uber rich) to hardcore ladder where I have LITERALLY nothing. I am wondering what you druidic masterminds think would make the best/safest new character. I know some may say this belongs in the hc forum but druids require more expertise that most classes imo and I wanted to hear what you guys thought.

It occured to me that a summoner would have lots of tanks which might add safety. Can they kill with no + to skills gear? What about if I used oak over wolverine? I am thinking direwolves over grizzly. Any comments?

I also thought a werebear would be pretty safe. I have seen many people say "shockwave>pvm". If I am unable to kill stuff because of a pathetic weapon, at least I could stun things to protect my team :)

I read the Dragoon's (excllent) guide, but the part on shockwave was a tad unclear to me. What exactly can be stunned?

Ancients- yes/no (I'm guesing no)
    super uniques- yes/no
    uniques- yes/no
    champions- yes/no

What about a wind druid. I had one in 1.08 and enjoyed it. The cyclone armor seems like it would help survivability. Again, with no + to skills, could I kill anything? Would I need to get in the monsters face to spam tornados? That sounds like a death waiting to happen.

Here is a list of my items (no laughing please!!!):

+2 shapeshifting skill circlet
    spectral shard
    moonfall (mace type weapon)
    sigons belt, gloves and shield
    dual leach (3%) unique gloves
    gorefoot boots
    rare circlet with +81 mana, +14 resist all
    lore helm (someone dropped a sol for me, yay :) )
    ancient's pledge shield (48% resist all)

When/if I get up to level 70+ I will start farming nm meph, but untill then I'll have to make do with what I have or find along the way.

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I would make a hammerdin or sorc to mf with, druids generally are worthless magic finders.

3. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

I have a sorc up to level 33 now, but everyone in the games tell me I'm crazy because sorcs are so fragile. People say it took them like 8 or 9 tries to get through hell with a sorc. Because you generally mf in solo games there will be noone to loot my corpse, so I want someone who's durable.

Also, I'm not just making it purely to mf, I want to enjoy the playing experience. It doesn't have to be the quickest MFer on the block. Toughness is a priority over speed.

4. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I've played sorcs a lot and they are the best mfer.

Although a hammerdin would be better with enigma, but this is HC :).

5. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Enigma,... OMG man I may not own even a vipermagi for several months. Since I moved from softcore non-ladder to hardcore ladder I have nothing personally, and don't know anyone so getting twinked via charity is out of the question.

I like sorcs too, but having played softcore for like 3 years, I just can't seem to break my old habits and a sorc just doesn't have much durability. Did you know their hit recovery animation starts at 15 frames. That's insane!!!

6. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Shift + Charge

7. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I done well with my druid as a mf'er i have found 5/6 tal armors a few ss, a few shakos a few skullders and other junk like that.

and druids do very well in hc ... i just did nm ancients untwinked solo w/ no problem.

8. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

Must be an inside joke,... I don't get it.

9. sawse

sawse IncGamers Member

What kind of hc druid do think would be best?

10. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

I'm saying hammerdins can mf nearly as fast a sorc with shift charge, I always used to use it to run to baal when sorcs were too scared in hc.

11. psuedoenviro

psuedoenviro IncGamers Member

The best hc druid would be a wind druid. He requires no resist gear due to cyclone armor. Hes stong enough with spells to kill reasonably fast without good equipment. The hardest part will be getting through norm since main skills don't open up till 24 tornado and 30 hurricane. The other untwinked build I would recommend is a fireclaws werebear, but this isnt from experience, just from what I've heard. Get oak and a defiance merc and hope to find a helm with grizzly on it, because even though he wont kill the grizzly will basically double the life of merc. good luck

12. Squatdog

Squatdog IncGamers Member

I had a lvl86 Fury Druid in Hardcore Ladder as my main character until his untimely demise at the hands of a bugged FE Lister who took 3 players with him when he exploded...

Fury Druids are good in Hardcore because they have so much going for them:

-Low requirements. You only really need a good weapon and the rest can be mediocre.

-Massive Life from OS and Lycanthropy

-Built in Life Leech from Feral. No need for LL on equipment(not much anyway)

-Built in IAS. Doesn't require any IAS on equipment other than weapon.

-Tranforming on dying saves you from nasty one-hit-kills

-The most damaging weapon class in the game(2handed hammers) also happens to be te one Druids recieve a big IAS bonus from.

-You will be playing an enjoyable build, unlike the no-skill lamers abusing the hammerdins etc.