Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Does tuner barb works well in pvp?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Bigrob, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Does tuner barb works well in pvp?

For various testing, a good ww tuner barb would have 5k life after bo and achieve 350str. The dmg on ww is avg. 7k. Do they work well in pvp? bvb?

2. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

Tuner barb(350 str)-work best in pvm with 2handers.2handers arent the best solution for pvp,they lack versatility,dualwielding is superior because of 2x attack frequency & moreover, you will be torn up against wep/shield BVB barbs.

Even if you do plan to pvp with 2handers(try it,not that its ineffective,just that dualwield is superior for BVC & wep/shield for BVB),you dont need a high strenght investment,life is of a higher priority.The effectiveness of the extra ed from str is marginalised when pvp penalty & max dr comes in.

Rik

3. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

My base str dual wielding barb has no problems as far as damage is concerned. I should think that any extra damage that str may give u is overkill also, but sometimes u wish that u could have that 3k extra life :).

4. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

Well, in bvb due to max block and high def ppl rarely hit each other between wwing. In this case i assume more dmg is better than more life? Beside, has around 5k life is pretty good against any type of caster beside hammerdin or bonemancer. (even u have 6k life hammer still hurt too much) i dont concern that zealot will even hit u if u have proper ww. btw, no need 2h weapon in this situation.

the difference between 350 and 200 str is alot!

I know if both players use lifetap then whoever dishes out more dmg will win.

I dont know, just my opinion.

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

That is true, against a character using magic damage like hammers or bone spirits/spears the difference between 4k and 6k life is a matter of seconds at best (unless the casting dueler is an idiot who can't aim).

6. Bigrob

Bigrob Banned

nobody gives comment?

i guess ill try to do the test will anyone help me?