Does this sheild have any use or value?

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
Does this sheild have any use or value?

I just found this unique sheild and was kinda confused ..its a 1.10 sheild with dr but other then that it looks kinda crappy

spikethorn
blade darrier
45% block
150 enhanced defence
+122 damage goes to attacker ( based on char lvl of 89 )
+250 durablilty
30% fhr
15% damage reduction
1 socket

Even though it has dr i couldnt see myself useing this sheild because of the lack of resists and bad block. So like that thread says..can u see a use for this sheild? And i know this isnt the trade forum but what whould its value be ?
thx

PhatTrumpet

Diabloii.Net Member
Zappa already made a thread like this a little while back. The general concensus was that it's hardly worth keeping if it spawns with only one socket, and even with two sockets it's pretty useless/worthless. Just make an Iron Golem outta it.

xxsteelxx

Diabloii.Net Member
PhatTrumpet said:
Zappa already made a thread like this a little while back. The general concensus was that it's hardly worth keeping if it spawns with only one socket, and even with two sockets it's pretty useless/worthless. Just make an Iron Golem outta it.

lol thx. THats kinda what i thought....its just weird that blizz would put in a new sheild that is just so crappy lol.

jinwo

Diabloii.Net Member
yea i agree, blizz was pretty *** for puttin that shield among other sucky uniques they added in there.

treldonis

Diabloii.Net Member
jinwo said:
yea i agree, blizz was pretty *** for puttin that shield among other sucky uniques they added in there.
Yeah, I agree. The Head hunter's Glory trolls nest is a disappointment! I have a 3 socket one and the only hope is to have 3 p-diamonds for great resists but thats pretty much it. The block % is low and really has no other good mods besides the poison and fire resists. Maybe a mercenary sorc can use it with a hel rune in it.

For my necro, a p-diamond homonuculus is far superior to that because of what else it brings to the table.

STINGER

Diabloii.Net Member
I am using it on a WW Scheaffer Druid along with Disciple set and doing great. Stuck a diamond in it and went. I have max rez and the DR is cool and he is no dex regardless so WTF!

Its not something to build around but hell it works!

Wolfedude

Diabloii.Net Member
I found the unique sacred rondache a few days ago. I kept it but really can't see using it because it has no resists.

nebby

Diabloii.Net Member
Wolfedude said:
I found the unique sacred rondache a few days ago. I kept it but really can't see using it because it has no resists.
I think Blizzard just put these in for ppl to find, thereby further decreasing the likelihood that one gets something useful when an item is rolled...Please sir, may I have another Rattlecage?

ZappaFan

Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator
Snide remarks directed towards the moderator are even more ill advised than cross posting.

xxsteelxx said:
sorry for trying to save forum bandwidth be posting both questions here . Guess ill leave 100 little tiny msgs everywhere. :rant:

Phantom_Man

Diabloii.Net Member
nebby said:
I think Blizzard just put these in for ppl to find, thereby further decreasing the likelihood that one gets something useful when an item is rolled...Please sir, may I have another Rattlecage?
Rattlecage was available in 1.09, so your example is flawed, yet it still gives off the right point.

Phantom- :drink: